Sunday, 29 April 2007

First DCM challenge

I've been looking at the DCM blog for quite a while now, but haven't ever made any cards to post there, but now I've got this blog, I'm being brave and am going to go for it! This weeks challenge was to use a template, so here's my very first one.



I've also been making some simple handbag cards for the coffee morning which is just under two weeks away now. I think I've got plenty of cards for it so I'm not in a panic anymore. Rosie's daughter Freya wanted to see these one's so just for Freya here they are.





















And talking of Rosie, she's tagged me.

You have to do 7 facts/habits you have and then tag 7 people. All the people I would have tagged have been got by Rosie.

1. I have a fantastic family who support and help me through this illness, which many others don't. They'd do anything they could to make things easier for me.

2. I'm grateful everyday for what they do.

3. I missed out on having kids, but Rachel and Lucy are the next best thing and call me their second mum (that may have something to do with me nagging them)

4. I think farting is hilarious.

5. I'm very good at it.

6. Tony is the king of it though.

7. I'm crap at finding 7 facts about myself.

20 comments:

Gillian Hamilton said...

G'day Kaz... and WELCOME to the DARES!..it's always wonderful to see a new name on the comment list. Love your template card, your use of the template is Gorgeous!.. hope to see you play along again real soon :o)

Kathy said...

Lovely card Kaz - so delicate and pretty
Your handbag cards look fab - I've never had a go at these!

As for your list of 7 things - well, I had a giggle!

Welcome to the DCM - hope you'll join in often now you've taken the plunge!

Lynne.x said...

Hi Kaz, welcome to DCM.
Love the colours you've used in your template card and the handbags are cool, well done.

Rainowgirl said...

Hi Kaz - welcome to DCM. I've been doing the dares for a couple of months now and it has really given me lots of inspiration and made me experiment with things I've never done before - like a template. I love your take on it and your handbag cards are really lovely. I was tagged last week, so it's interesting to see other people's 7 facts.

Di

Sarah said...

Lovely card Kaz! Great colours. Also love those handbag cards.

Anonymous said...

Ive just had pizza.

Lythan said...

Beautiful DCM card Kaz. well done on doing your first one - can't wait to see what you do with the next one! I just love those handbag cards too. The colours are fantastic. There is just one thing though... MY DH is the king of farters...

Jane said...

well done for joining us Kaz !! I love your card. what beautiful colours and beautifully crafted too. well done

Scripture by Design said...

Oh Kaz, love you card and love your TAG! Yeah, I dunno, I came from a family where we weren't allowed to say the word 'fart'. Let alone do one! Now I'm married to a man who reckons it's better out than in and so does the rest of his family. So I reckon It's hilarious now too!!!!!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Lovely card - love what you did with the template.

Kaz said...

Thanks for all the comments, all appreciated, and thanks for the giggles too!

Frog said...

Hi Kaz Welcome, fantastic card you have made.

Andrea xx

Jo said...

lol your facts made me chuckle :)
Beautiful Dare card the colours are so pretty and love your handbag cards, they are so cool!

jo xx

Paula said...

very pretty colours on this card, love the doodling. The handbags are great too!!!

Rosie said...

Freya was in bed when I checked out your blog tonight hun, but I will show her your 'just for Freya' handbag cards tomorrow eve!

As for the farting - if I've eaten wheat I can outdo anyone for several days!!!!! Even the dog is disgusted by me ;-)

Rhi said...

Im glad you dared Kaz, your card is just gorgeous, so pretty and delicate, really beautiful summery colours.

Good luck with the fair, Im sure you'll do brilliantly!

Di said...

Fantastic cards Kaz :-)

As for the farting.......you really need to meet my family!!LOL!

BondGirl said...

Welcome to the dares! I love your card, the swirls are just delicious. your handbags are cute too. As for farting, my hubby is 34 and laughs hysterically at them (even in his sleep!!)

Caroline said...

Your seven facts made me laugh Kaz - I've got to think of some about me too. But they won't be about farting. Thank you.
Love the cards.

Anonymous said...

Kaz said "And talking of Rosie, she's tagged me."

I had to read that twice ;o)