Monday, 14 May 2007

Coffee Morning

Last Friday mum and dad did a coffee morning for me for Action for ME to raise a bit to help with research. Mum sold slices of bread pudding and ginger cake she'd made and did a guess the weight of the cake along with a raffle. Dad had taken a load of cuttings and grown up some tomato plants and sold those. I sold cards and jewellery bits and after half an hour watched from the sofa!! Only one of my friends turned up and only one from the ME group I'd been going to, but then I wasn't expecting many to make it. However mum's retired club saved the day and considering there were only about 30 there we raised £201.36!! I have no idea where the 36p came from!

I've been wiped out since then so missed the DCM challenge on Friday, but I'm hoping to maybe catch up later in the week as I have a 60th birthday card to get done today if I can manage.

1 comment:

Janette said...

Well done for raising the money, even that 36p is important,Bug Hugs
Janette