Tuesday, 26 June 2007

CPS #19

I needed to make two cards today, one for a man and the other for my next door neighbour who has just had a hip replacement. I opted to do them both using this week's sketch on CPS as it's a lovely simple design and therefore relatively quick.
The man's one is made using paper adventures holiday dots and blue papers that I got in a pack of scrummy Christmas papers and stickers from 'that' shopping channel lol and a metal embellishment. I loved all of the papers in that pack.


I stumbled on the basic grey oh baby girl paper for Iris's card whilst rummaging through my papers and had forgotten I had it, which is criminal as this is gorgeous!! I seriously need to go through that drawer and organise myself.


Over on bubblyfunk I'd asked about embossing brass stencils on the bug and had been looking on the net to find the zip'e mate embossing mat to see if it would work, but came up with nowhere that sold it. Then today I was browsing the web comparing prices of dies etc and came across a site that sells a rubber mat especially for brass stencils in the bug! So I've ordered one to try it, at £3 it's not going to break the bank if it's crap. If it works it'll be brilliant as I find it difficult doing the brass stencils some days and I've got a great stencil I plan to use for my Christmas cards. OMG!!! I said the 'c' word!!!

3 comments:

mum on the run said...

OOh gorgeous cards Kaz!!

Fingers crossed the rubber mat works

Your inky hands comment on my blog did make me laugh (though I'm the same most of the time too) LOL

Emilia said...

They are simply pretty and warm cards!
:)

ct said...

great job! Christine