Wednesday, 27 June 2007

DCM - gimme some lovin'

The little extra on DCM this week is about love:

Well, there's a lot of wedding talk around on the design team with two weddings coming up soon. So inspired by this we'd like you to put some LOVE into your cards this week. Wedding, Anniversary, Engagement or simply to say "I love You"



I had a little experiment on this one with the lettering. I cut the letters from the hippy chick CB set twice, once on card and again using doodlebug paper, and glued them together like I've been doing with the xyron ones. Then I used a bit of glossy accents on them and was really pleased with the results. I always struggle with the accents when I've used it on larger bits as it has a tendancy to curl up on me, but it worked really well with the thin letters.


The card used for this is from the DCWV pocket full of posies pack, which I am loving, and bazzill. This is the finished result
That's it for me now craft wise until next week as I'm off for a weekend of pampering here at Eastwell Manor. This was a birthday present for my 40th and I booked it in June hoping for decent weather, but its cold and wet at the mo!!! I'm taking Lynne and Mum with me for a girlie weekend (and I'll be taking choc with me in case of emergencies)!!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I bet the glossy looks really great IRL! A nice shine on the letters!
Thanks for visiting my blog! Off to look around yours!

Rein said...

Wow, love this!

stamp and scrape said...

Hope you enjoyed your pampering session.
The papers and the font you used are so lovely. Very brave with the glossy accents - well done!
Ros

Penny said...

Those letters are FAB! great card! have a nice rest on your time away :)

Sam Morris said...

Love the subtle colours and the letters look great!

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love the color used, Enjoy your weekend, hope it warms up and the sun comes out.

Sarah said...

Lovely card! I really like those colours together.

mum on the run said...

Lovely card Kaz

Love your lettering

Jane's Crafty Creations said...

Colours are fabulous and unusual ... fantastic card.

Love
Jane xx

Gillian said...

love what you have done with the lettering, also great colours :)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fab card - just love the colour combo!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

ooh Kaz! Love the card - the glossy accents really bring out the papers !

Have a fabulous belated 40th pampering my lovely xxx

Leigh said...

love this card, lol I can never get my pocket full of posies pad to look this good.