Monday, 25 June 2007

DCM - tagged

This weeks dare on DCM has had me stumped.


'Everything we buy has packaging, some of it excessive, some of it beautifully designed. Tags, labels, stickers... all sorts of bits and bobs that we can recycle onto cards.I dare you to make a card using a tag, label, sticker or anything else you can find, thats from packaging and would normally end up in the bin. Of course you can ink it, change it, distress it and add anything else you like!'

I haven't been clothes shopping for a while and the only thing I've bought is the bug and the box is a bit big for a card! The packaging of the dies and folders got damaged in the rush for me to get at them. The following day though, another folder came (well you have to have stuff to use in it don't you?) and I sat staring at this:
The only thing that came into my mind was a door label thingy -not sure of the proper name at the mo lol - so that's what I went for. I'm not sure if it's cheating though as on the final card there is no evidence of the packaging, but trust me its in there, under the card!



This is the complete card:
This is the card without the door thingy:

And these are the two sides to the thingy:



The double dare was to make it a man's card, but the only thing I could think of to go through the hole to link the two was a flower and it had taken me so long to come up with something I decided girly is much simpler!!

I used the new alphabet dies I got with the bug, bazzill card, whispers stamps and SEI Doodley Doo Girl Dots double sided card.

10 comments:

Leigh said...

ooooh I am lovin' this, so clever.

Penny said...

What a clever idea! Love the new lettering as well :)

mum on the run said...

That's gorgeous Kaz, I love it!!

Flossie's Follies said...

WOW, this is great, so cleaver, love the colors and the best part is you can't tell.

Gillian Hamilton said...

ahhhhh..... VERY CLEVER work Kaz..
Love It! Not only are you an inspirational cardmaker but an inspirational recycler too!
Brilliant!!!

Kathy said...

What a great idea, Kaz - and how fab it looks - love the colours you've used too.
I've a feeling my 13yr old niece would love this for her bedroom door - might help keep her brothers out!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great work!

Rachael said...

I love your card it's a beautiful idea.
x

Paula said...

This is a great card!

Rainowgirl said...

I really like the double sided 'thingy'. It's so pretty and the colours are gorgeous. Lucky you getting the Cuttlebug. Haven't yet managed to justify spending the pennies.

Di