Wednesday, 6 June 2007

Glueless.......

....is what I was at first when I read the dare:


This week's Little Extra challenge is from an idea of Gillian's - she's always coming up with these fiendish ideas, you know!
"how's about a dare where you can't use any adhesives at all... "



Once I'd had a look at their cards though, I realised there were loads of ways of doing it.


I attached the flower with a brad to the Studio K paper before attaching the paper so I don't have a brad on show inside, and punched two holes in each corner to tie the paper on using fibres.
* It came to me after I'd posted this, that I must have been subconsciously thinking of the Sketch This #15 challenge when I did this card! It genuinely didn't occur to me that this had happened, as I'd started making the card and, as usual, during the making of it, it changes slightly and ended up like this! *




I have to blog this next picture as it made me all warm and smiley this morning when it arrived. It's from Lucy, my youngest niece, who often does random things like this just because....

6 comments:

Gillian Hamilton said...

Kaz this is such a pretty card, lovely soft colours, and I like the way you used the knots in the corners, very inventive!
awwww...that's such a cute note from your niece, what a treasure!

Kathy said...

Kaz, this card is fab - I love the way you've attached the patterned paper at the corners - that looks soooo neat (might have to pinch that idea....)
Oh, and that note from your niece made me smile too - what a lovely surprise to get through the post.

Sarah said...

Fab card Kaz!I love the soft colours you have used!
What a lovely little surprise to receive in the post as well! So Cute!

Paula said...

Lovely card, pretty colours & paper.

stamp and scrape said...

Very pretty!
Ros

Gillian said...

lovely and soft look to the card, knots are a great detail too.
what a lovely gesture from your neice!