Friday, 22 June 2007

Whoops I did it again!

Well I'm sat here now in possession of something that at the beginning of the week I didn't know I needed. I'm blaming the girls on Bubblyfunk and DCM for this - well I'm not blaming me lol.

Kathy broke her die cutter and replaced it with a cuttlebug, which prompted a bit of a natter on the subject, plus the last dare was embossing and I'd seen the effects the bug can do. It was only when it was mentioned that you can emboss through a pasta maker, that I thought I could get one of those cheap and the embossing folders for less money. Of course that set me off completely and if I was going to get embossing stuff I might as well get the bug and some dies etc and be able to do the lot!

Money has always been the deciding factor as to whether I get something as I'm not up to working still. But it was mentioned to me, as I have mentioned to others with ME in similar situations, we don't go out drinking/clubbing/shopping etc and crafting is the thing that keeps me sane, so I might as well get something I'll get pleasure from and just enjoy it. So I did.


So now I've made my credit card groan, I am sooo excited and happy I bought it (I know, I know, but I really don't get out often) I'm now wondering how on earth I lived so long without one. I have the xyron, and that will still be used loads, but it just gives me more options.

I'm stuck with the DCM challenge today, complete blankness, so I opted to do a card from Sketch This #17 as I just had to use it for something. This is what I came up with.

4 comments:

mum on the run said...

Your card is great Kaz, just love the alpha!!

I'm blaming the DCMer's for making me spend money on cuttlebug folders on my blog today too, LOL

iralamija said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

Rosie said...

You're a very BAD Kaz! LOL

Only jealous - the embossing folders are so gorgeous aren't they?

jo said...

Really gorgeous card!!!!