Friday, 15 June 2007

You're not the (em)boss of me



I missed the last couple of DCM challenges as I've had a few pc problems so I was looking forward to the new dare:

Doing these dares is such a joy. We all love seeing what you create so much. The way that you have taken up and run with both the Celestial dare and the Midweek extra this week has just been awesome.As a reward - and as I was so strict last time I set a dare - here is a nice broad theme to get your creative juices flowing.
Embossing.
Dry embossing with a light box or with a die cutting machine.
Using embossing powders or triple embossing.
Using pre-embossed papers.
Embossing with found items.
Just have fun playing

I love both types or embossing and have quite a few stencils in my collection, most of which I haven't used. So I thought I'd use one on the animal stencils I got a while back and use both types of embossing.

The strange thing is, as I was doing the frogs, Lynne called and asked if I could make a couple of boy cards for her, one of which is for an 8 year old so this card is just right. Spooky eh?

Please forgive the corny greeting but you have to do it occasionally don't you, and at that age you can get away with it!!

The paper is an old HOTP one and the stencil is Nellie's Zoo, the alphabet stamps are by clear on clear.

This week I've decorated another notebook for a birthday present for my cousin's daughter. This time I managed to do the holes so much better so I'm happier I've learnt something else!





The paper is doodlebug, the letters are cut using the xyron and the inside stamping is from Rhonna Farrer swirls and a flower from a set I got from onefourzero.

I've also done a black and white A6 decorated notebook for a swap on bubblyfunk, but I won't post that until they've been sent out. And speaking of bubblyfunk, Caroline has put some new chipboard flowers and felt flowers in the shop, which are gorgeous. I really tried to be good and not buy more stuff, but I had to have them. I'm hoping they'll arrive tomorrow so I can stroke them lol.

19 comments:

Lythan said...

I've never seen such a funky stencil before. that card is brilliant Caz

Kathy said...

What a great card Kaz - I love that embossing thingie!

Love that notebook too btw

I still have my swap notebook to do yet, but don't tell anyone, will you?

Angelnorth said...

What fab funky frogs Kaz - they're brilliant! Those googly eyes make a nice touch too and should be appreciated by a lad of that age.

Love the stamping on the inside of the notebook - very pretty.

Leigh said...

fab card, love those frogs. And the notebook is gorgeous!!!

Rosie said...

Excellent card Kaz and soooo for a little 8 year old boy too! Lucky you - two birds with one stone and all that!

And the notebook..... if she doesn't like it, can I have it please, after all it could be made for me with that name on the cover!

manicstamper said...

Oh how cute are those frogs? I love them.
Fab card:)

Sarah said...

Cute card! I am so jealous of all those lovely buttons, do you think your Mum would like to adopt me?(wink!) I used to love looking through my Mum's button box as a child as well!

Keryn Campbell said...

Those frogs are just so cute especially with the googly eyes.

Gillian Hamilton said...

awwwww.....tooo cute Kaz...love their little eyes... lovely card, and you notebook is lovely too...
Great work!

Patsy Jackson said...

Am loving those frogs - the eyes are a fab touch too!

Paula said...

Fab frogs & love that notebook.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fab card and brilliant embossing!

rattytatty said...

Great cards and love the other projects as well.

Penny said...

Cute frogs! Perfect for a litle boy:)

PS just read in your profile you have ME , yes, me too.

Dolly Mixtures said...

Frogs are very cute. Lovely card. Angela

Enidan said...

wonderful cards! The Frogs are great!

mum on the run said...

Aww, that card is too cute!!

Gillian said...

cute embossed frogs are sooooooo cute :) love the note book :)

Jane's Crafty Creations said...

I adore the frogs ...

Love
Jane xx