Friday, 13 July 2007

A visit to the haberdashery department.

This week's DCM challenge is to make any card using bits you would find in a Haberdashery Department. I've made this one for my cousin's birthday next week, using a kilt pin, beads, buttons and ribbons, the idea being she can remove the kilt pin and wear it.I've used bazzill card and some of the K & Co sparkly sweet speciality paper.

Just a quick post tonight as I need to have an easy evening of chilling and tv - ok so it's BB eviction night and I want to get settled on the sofa with some grub to hopefully watch that vile woman drop herself well and truly in it for when she's put back into the house!!!

21 comments:

Lythan said...

What a clever idea to have a gift and card combination! I love the colours too

Penny said...

Wow, how fab is that kilt pin!! Great idea to pin it onto the card as well.

Kathy said...

Brilliant idea - a card and gift in one! The pin looks fab, as do the button corners - wonderful colours too

Rachael said...

Oooh this card is so girly and pink - I love it.
x

Gillian Hamilton said...

TOTALLY SCRUMMY!!!!!
love this Kaz, I'm really into these pins at the mo.. and what a gorgeous way to give one... EXCELLENT!!!

Gillian said...

I love the kilt pin :)great card:)

Paula said...

So girly & pretty it is adorable. Love the hanging charms you made.

Anice said...

What a great present, with a lovely card too!

stamp and scrape said...

Very pretty design and colours.
Ros

mum on the run said...

Great idea Kaz, love all the gorgeous colours you chose :)xwuhi

Flossie's Follies said...

great card, love the beads on the pin

manicstamper said...

Oooooh that's just gorgeous!!!

jo said...

What a great idea and so pretty too!

Lynne.x said...

Oh,what a fab idea for a card/gift.
It's lovely.

Andrea said...

Great card, love the kilt pin

Clare said...

Great card, great use of a kilt pin I haven't seen those since I was young and I wore them on my little tartan kilt!

Louly said...

Oh Kaz, what a brilliant idea, I second what everyone has said, this card is inspired, i love everything about it.

Samm said...

What a great idea!!! what a pretty card!!

Samm
x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wow - love the pin. Whole card is fab!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Love the idea of using the pin as a pressie too Kaz! Great!

xx

Beth said...

Bootiful card Kaz, and a great idea behind using the pin too. Lovely colours aswell.