Thursday, 9 August 2007

Back to challenges

I've got a busy time for birthdays and anniversaries until early September plus fitting in a holiday with my family, so I've been busy this week. I have to admit that I've made a few duplicate cards to bump up the numbers, I just have to make sure mum and I don't send the same cards to the same people!

I've used the template from CPS #25 to make a few men's cards. This is the card sketch

And this is my take on it using scenic route hampton papers. The greeting is printed onto safmat, which I've had to reorder as I've been using so much of it! I'm still trying to find and download all the fonts I had on my old pc as like a total berk I didn't put them on a disk! The new ones are being backed up as soon as I download them this time! I haven't been able to come up with anything for the time dare on DCM so I concentrated on the little extra which is

"It's one of our recipes this time, all you need to do is include all the ingredients on your card - remember, you can always add more things if you want to.

Here are your ingredients for this week:

3 arrows

3 circles

1 square"

I needed a first birthday card, so I've made this one using an old sheet of Karen Neuberger paper I discovered, DCWV card, circle punches, arrows cut using the xyron, a wordart number and woodware fairy delight stamps coloured using H2O's. The greeting is on safmat and I did some doodling around the edges of the stuck bits.




I made the base card and all the components then had to have a break. When I came back to stick the last bits on, I discovered I'd put the card on something wet so it was a bit warped!! I had a bit of a swear - like I do - and as I didn't have enough paper, or the inclination to look for more, I had to move the toppings around to cover it!!! Hopefully it'll pass!!

I've got my nieces coming to mine for the afternoon and as they live away from me and haven't stayed down here without their parents before, this is the first time it'll be just them and me. Rach wants to catch up with her friends on msn and Lucy wants to make a necklace for her nanny's birthday so it looks like we'll have some fun!!

8 comments:

mum on the run said...

Hi Kaz, love both your cards! The DCM one in particular is gorgeous!! The Woodware fairies are sooo cute :)

Kathy said...

ohhh this is just so cute!

that checked paper is just perfect for this card - it's lovely Kaz

danni said...

absolutely adorable!

Paula said...

Gorgeous cards. The recipe one is awesome!!

Emilia said...

I love them! I especially like the take to DCM! Super cute!

Patsy Jackson said...

Hi Kaz - your cards are gorgeous! I love what you've done with the fairy stamp (I have that one too but haven't used it yet - shhhh!!).

Thanks for visiting my blog recently too :)

Helen & Co. said...

Hello Kaz,
Thanks so much for leaving your comment on my new blog - I still had doubts it was connected to he outside world! I LOVE your notebooks in particular!! Do you put the front covers on yourself, or buy them, then embellish them?
I'll definitely have to have a go.Thanks again!
Helen

Helen & Co. said...

Hello again!
Sorry - I had to ask about your notebooks again, because I really want to have ago - how do you get the cover paper behind the metal rings - it doesn't look like there are cuts or anything? Also, is it normal to leave an email address on your blog? I couldn't see one on yours so am leaving this in the comments. How do you go about leaving an email link anyway?
Sorry - a million questions! I hope you don't mind - I think it's all quite exciting (sad little life I lead!), but I am so limited by lack of skills!
Thanks again,
Helen