Saturday, 18 August 2007

DCM frillies!

I really didn't think I'd be able to do this weeks DCM dare time-wise and also I had a completely blank mind. This is the dare:

"You must make a card with a frill - it could be some lace, frilly ribbon, a hand cut or decorative scissor edge or a folded paper frill - or what ever you choose to make.... you decide!"

I don't have any lacy ribbon at all so gave up on the idea of doing one like that. So there I was watching tv trying to fold paper and not being happy with it, when I remembered some ribbon I bought about 2 years ago from Dunelm Mill as I liked the colours but have never found the right thing to use it on. It's actually double looped which is why I've not used it before.



The papers are from K & Co sparkly sweet speciality papers and are just the right shades, and the stamp is one from studio g.

This week I had my nieces over for an afternoon so we could make birthday cards for their nanny and cousin who is 1 next week (The previous baby cards are for her too). We had papers and glues and bits everywhere, but it was great fun. Unfortunately they had to go before I had chance to take photos of their creations, but they were lovely - trust me I'm not biased at all lol. So instead here's a pic of the carnage that is us crafting!!


21 comments:

Leo said...

Aww what a super cute card! :-D

Rein said...

What a lovely card!

mum on the run said...

OOh Kaz, that's lovely!!

The flower is fab and the ribbon looks gorgeous :)

Kathy said...

oooh Kaz this is fabby - I LOVE that ribbon

Samm said...

That's sooo cool! great card!!

Samm
x

lauren said...

oooooooooh! i LOVE the card, the ribbon is perfect and so cool looking! (cannot WAIT until my nieces are old enough to create cards-n-carnage with me!) :)

Anna Moore said...

This is a beautiful card. I especially like the ribbon effect.

Anne said...

That ribbon is perfect for flowers! Lovely colours, too, great card!

Andrea said...

Lovely card :)

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Gorgeous! (The card, not you Kaz! lmfao!!!) Wuvs ya weally xx

Penny said...

Now I am dead impressed with this, what a brilliant interpretation of the dare , fab ribbon and fab card!

Sarah said...

Love it! What a fab card!

Helen & Co. said...

Oh I really like it! I'm away from home at the mo, and seeing your card has got me itchy to get back to my crafty stuff...

Lynne said...

Oh I love how you've used the ribbon Kaz, fab card.

Louly said...

That ribbon is gorgeous! What a great card.

Secret Crafter said...

Wow - what a super card. Perfect combination of colours and that frilly ribbon is just right for the flowers.

Wendy x

Patsy Jackson said...

Lovely card - love the colours! Your nieces look well into it! I can't wait for my DD to be like that (she's 2 and just wants to destroy everything right now!!).

Patsy x

Susan (Sue H) said...

That's really cute....I love it.

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your frill bits card, your nieces are adorable.

Helen & Co. said...

Hi again Kaz,
Sorry to bother you about your notebooks again (I REALLY do like them if you haven't guessed yet!), but how do you put the holes in the paper you cover them with, and also, do you cover the finished article with anything to protect them, like PVA or sealant of some kind? Sorry to use 'comments', but my e-mail is playing up.
Thank you!
Helen x

Helen & Co. said...

Hello!
Hope you had a lovely holiday - hopefully you'll have had some nice weather anyway!
Thanks again for your advice,
Helen x