Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Holiday pics.

I've finally got round to sorting some photos from our holiday last week. I went with mum, dad, Lynne, Andy, Rachel, Lucy and Andy's mum and dad to Altinkum in Turkey for a week. It was baking hot, 40 degrees on some days and still 35 degrees in the evening, but we managed ok by spending most of the time either in the shade or the water (plus as I was in the wheelchair, I didn't have to do anything energetic!).

Mum, dad and I had a ground floor apartment and the rest were in a 2 floor apartment on the 2nd and 3rd floor in a small complex with it's own pool, which was always quiet as non-residents weren't allowed. This is taken from our terrace and it's Lynne and Lucy in the pool.

We started every day with a swim before breakfast and it was bliss, even if I did more floating than swimming.

Dad and Andy discovered a small beach near the apartment and we spent a couple of days there and, as there was a restaurant there that we ate in, they gave you a lift home! This was great as I'd had to get out of the chair to go down the bumpy track and we were wondering how we'd manage to get back up again.


Rachel and Lucy spent most of the time in the water Andy and his dad took the kids on a pedalo and ended up a long way out! Once they'd got closer to the beach, Lynne swam out to meet them. I took this picture with the camera on the sand as I wanted to catch the wave breaking.
We also went on a boat trip to 5 different bays, where you could jump off the boat, which I did as I didn't want to get home and wish I'd done it. It was really easy floating and Lynne threw me a floaty thing so I wasn't too knackered. At one bay the crew cooked a scrummy lunch. It was scorching this day but was great being on the boat as there was a good breeze, even if it was as hot as a hairdryer!!
This is Lynne and Andy
Lucy learnt how to dive on this holiday. She's so determined she wouldn't give up until she'd managed it, and took all the coaching on board. I tried many times to get a picture of her, but this was the best!!

It was a great week and I am hoping to get back to completing some crafty challenges next week when I've rested up and made my sister's birthday present!!

3 comments:

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time Kaz! So glad you're back safe and sound though. Missed you and your humour babe! xx

Caroline said...

It looks absolutely blissful Kaz. Lovely photos.......

Di said...

Looks gorgeous there Kaz, fabby photos hun.