Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Back to challenges

I've been busy (by my standards) this week making things for Lynne's birthday which is Friday, so I can't blog those yet. Now I've cleared the priority bits I can get back to doing some challenges again, although really I should be doing some housework, but that can wait!

Over on DCM the little extra dare this week is 'you big softie' where you must put something soft onto your card.


I've used spotty velvety paper onto a chipboard flower that came from bubblyfunk's August Monthly Kit, and some fibres that I have no idea where they came from!! I've been neglecting fibres in favour of ribbons lately, but after opening the box and instantly ooooooing at the yumminess, I think I need to use them again. The frosty flower is by maya road and the card is DCWV pocketful of posies.

The other challenge is on sketchthiscards using this sketch

I made the decision that I shall be unashamedly making Christmas cards for most of the challenges I do now seeing as summer (cough cough) is over and it doesn't seem to be premature anymore.



The paper and sticker are all from last year's holiday joy collection by paper adventures. I love this collection, all the bits are really scrummy! It was lovely just looking through the paper and other Christmas bits and there was a lot of stroking of stash!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

These cards are both gorgeous.

I love that spotty velvet paper too much to have cut into it yet! The tied fibres look wonderful, Kaz, I really like the way you've put this together

EllePiggo said...

Lovely cards :)

Emilia said...

both are lovely!
I love the knot you made of the 1st card, so special!

Andrea said...

2 fab cards, love that Xmas paper

Helen & Co. said...

Lovely cards again Kaz! I have the same DCWV paper, but didn't know how to use that big print. You make it look good.

mum on the run said...

Both lovely cards Kaz!! Love the baubles paper :)

Clare said...

Both great cards, love the spotty velvet paper you've used for the flower on the first card.

Paula said...

Love that spotty paper!!!