Sunday, 16 September 2007

Beate's weekend challenge

There's another weekend sketch over on Beate's blog that I thought I'd have a bash at. This is the sketch:

I did a Christmas one that follows the sketch

The snowflake stamp is by dovecraft, the Noel is part of a whispers Christmas set and the main stamp is one of the new hero arts Christmas collage which I love. Instead of the flower I have just knotted some ribbon from my stash as there's enough going on on the rest of the card!

Following on from yesterdays card using the Bubblyfunk August Kit only, I did the same today. I based this card on Beate's challenge. Again, the only thing on the card that's not from the kit is the ribbon which came from my stash

I love the brightness of this paper which is by Junkitz and it was this and the pastel version on yesterday's card that made me get the kit (oh and the alphabet stamps as I'd been eyeing them up in the shop beforehand lol).

Talking of buying things, I have managed to go a whole week without buying anything crafty. It's been bloody difficult I can tell you, but I beat Tony, who cracked yesterday...........whoo!! I knew I could win against him and shopping, although he seems to have come up with the excuse that it was only ebay we couldn't buy from, but I don't remember that bit! Instead of buying things, I've put them down onto a birthday list that I'll be flashing about in the right directions for next month.

11 comments:

beate said...

Kaz, your cards turned out gorgeous!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch! Hugs and smiles

mum on the run said...

Great card, love what you did with Beate's sketch!

Anonymous said...

amazing! Stunning and where the ideas flow from I have no idea! Wish I knew what to do to make a card...I keep looking and sadly never get to make one that is good enough for using. Well done again on the use of paper in such a talented way.

Flossie's Follies said...

Great cards, love how you did this sketch, the papers and colors on your Christmas Card are fantastic, and love the paper and flower on your second card.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

These are both great Kaz. My fave is the second one using the Bubbly Funk kit.

My Paper World said...

Ohhh! love them both, the delicate colured 1st one, and the funky coloured 2nd one. Two great looks with 1 sketch, fabulous!

Helen & Co. said...

Hi Kaz, thanks for your thoughts for my Mum!
You've been making more utterly gorgeous cards I see! (including another of my favourite notebooks!!)

Samm said...

Lovely cards! love the xmas one, so nice and calm looking!

Samm
x

Clare said...

2 lovely cards, I love purple so I especially like the Christmas one.

Janette said...

Trust you to be already started with Xmas,as usual beautiful cards.Can I have a peek at your birthday list, please, you would be doing my brain a great favour.

Andrea said...

Beautiful cards, the pale purple looks so stylish