Thursday, 20 September 2007

DCM and CPS

I managed to combine two challenges today, always a plus on low energy days - I like to do a bit of crafting every day as its the thing that keeps me sane. Oh and today I heard from the DSS that I've got Incapacity Benefit for two years again, which is such a relief especially as I didn't have to have another medical this time. Two years ago, when I was up for review I had a medical and the dr there (bearing in mind this dr couldn't copy the drug names correctly off my repeat prescription form) decided I was well enough to work, so I had to go through an appeal and a tribunal, which I won, but the consequence of it was a bad relapse that I still haven't recovered from. So you can understand how happy I am today with the news.

So on with the crafting lol.

This week the DCM little extra is golden:

This time we are giving you just One Word as the inspiration for your card making and that word is GOLDEN

and this weeks CPS sketch is
I've recently done a project using gold embossing which I was pleased with, but can't blog yet, so I thought I'd use it again for this. I like the simpleness which is a change from my busy style I've been doing lately. I used a scallop heart punch and cut hearts from white bazzill which I then stamped and embossed part of a Rhonna Farrah swirl stamp onto. The background is white bazzill chalked randomly with pink shimmer chalks and a bit of ribbon and gold fibre.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful card, the heart are very stylish

Jeannette said...

That's really lovely.

Susan (Sue H) said...

I reallt love this card. So clean and simple....just perfect!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

This is so lovely Kaz. Well done on the 'double dare' too!

Leigh said...

very elegant and simple, so effective.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Clean and elegant - just beautiful!

Ying Pang, said...

Kaz,it's simply elegant!! Love the hearts!

Sam Morris said...

That's a very pretty punch and the embossing is perfect. I've just got some gold EP (well one that isn't sparkly!) and I love it too!

Penny said...

very elegant!

and brilliant news. It's so fustrating not to have it recognised and acknowledged so I am really pleased for you :)

TraceyR said...

This is a lovely card Kaz.