Saturday, 29 September 2007

DCM frame

This week's dare over on DCM is in the frame:


This week I’d like you to use a FRAME or FRAMES on your card. You can use any type of frame you so wish. How about a die cut frame or a hand cut frame. You can frame your card with brackets or flowers or how about some doodling - the choice is yours.

I did a nice quick and easy version this week. I used the funky frame die which I bought at the same time as the cuttlebug, but have never used. Excuse the poor photo but its grey and rainy today.

The paper is Renae's house by creative imaginations. I picked out a happy birthday from the cuttelbug embossing folder and chalked it to match the paper and put the frame over it with a small amount of silicone glue so that it was raised very slightly. The flower is from my stash.

I also made this card earlier in the week using images bought from Pink Petticoat.
I've chalked the image to give it just a hint of colour. Paper is from last year's paper adventure Christmas kit. The stamp is by a muse.

Thanks for stopping by.

18 comments:

EllePiggo said...

Great cards Kaz, love them both.
Vanessa.:)

Rein said...

Pretty cards!

Paula said...

Very nice cards, love the soft colours on the first & the fabby red on the second.

Andrea said...

Lovely cards, I like the way you have framed the words

Jane's Crafty Creations said...

Particularly like the one with the cuttlebug, as I think they are the greatest things since sliced bread!! But your cards are beautiful.

Kathy said...

Lovely cards Kaz.

I love the cbug one - those pretty colours and that paper are just yum!

Jeannette said...

They're both really nice cards, and Lola is fab!

My Paper World said...

They are both so very pretty! I love them!

Susan (Sue H) said...

I love the colours you've used for the birthday card and that embossing is just gourgous.

Deb said...

Fantastic cards, I love them both!

Penny said...

Hi Kaz, love them both, the frame to highlight the word birthday is a great idea and I love the girl stamp !

Flossie's Follies said...

What great cards, loe the papers you used on them.

Angelnorth said...

These are great Kaz. Love the way you've used just a hint of colour to pick out the embossed words inside the frame.

Nanie said...

Pretty cards ! Great job !

Louly said...

Two amazing cards Kaz, I love them both. Those texture plates are great aren't they.

Rhi said...

Beautiful cards, I love the colours and simple style you've used.

Clare said...

Both really nice cards, especially like the patterned paper you've used on the first card.

Lynne said...

Sorry I'm late Kaz.
Gorgeous card, thanks for joining in with my dare.