Friday, 7 September 2007

DCM tearing purple holes for Christmas

The dare for this week over on DCM is
'we'd like you to make and show a Christmas card which incorporates the following:
Some Paper Tearing
The colour Purple
AND
It has to have at least one hole somewhere in the design!'


but then hole has to be something other than holes for brads etc. I have to admit it stumped me at first and it was only when I was tidying up the cards I'd made for SCS, that I realised I'd already done one, but without the paper tearing. Anything for an easy life, I did another similar one. I'm not sure about it myself though as I think the purple paper, nice though it is, is too much over the whole card.
The paper is a couple of years old now so I'm not sure where it came from. The hole is the bit left from a snowflake punch and you can't see it on here but there's white glitter card underneath the hole. I've stuck it with silicone glue to give a lift so it looks like a hole! I've torn the bazzill with a ruler as it was a bit wayward without it!!

21 comments:

Kathy said...

This is really pretty Kaz, I love the way you've used the snowflake "hole"!

stamp and scrape said...

Snap on the snowflake punch - your version is lovely! Isn't it satisfying to use up old paper -then you can buy more....;-)
Ros

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Kaz - love the snowflake 'hole'

Helen & Co. said...

Really lovely card, Kaz, AND you managed all 3!

All Pink said...

Brilliant card looks great,Dawnxx

Paula said...

Awesome card, Kaz.
I think Snowflakes are to me the best symbol of Xmas. I just love to see them on cards.

Deb said...

Very pretty card, I had problems tearing too!

Patsy Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Kaz - love the snowflake punch idea :)

Samm said...

This is lovely! love that snowflake punch too, what a great card!

Samm
x

Lythan said...

I love that snowflake hole - great idea

Anice said...

Lovely card! I like the large snowflake stamp hole!

Andrea said...

Lovely card, the paper is great

Anna said...

I love your choice of colours and the snowflake hole. A lovely card!

Louly said...

This is gorgeous!! I love how you've mad the hole.

Scrappy Moments said...

Gogous Card, Love The Snowflakes, So Pretty :)

Angie
www.scrapnmomsmoments.blogspot.com

Juliet said...

Very classy, lovely card!

Sarah said...

This is lovely!

Helen & Co. said...

Hi Kaz - Gorgeous card again!

Helen & Co. said...

Yep - just ignore me...memory of a goldfish,leaving 2 comments (now 3)...

Clare said...

Lovely card, the snowflake looks great with the glitter behind it.

Looby said...

Gorgeous card - love it!