Saturday, 15 September 2007

DCM - Word

This week's main DCM dare is words:

This week I dare you to use a Word as the main focal point to your card. It can be a name, a greeting or just a word that inspires you. You can use other text but only one word as a main embellishment. So dig out your dictionaries, die cutters, alphabet stamps, rubons or download a funky font and show us what you can do!

I started off using a great font I'd found that had letters in the shapes of monsters, but by the time I'd coloured them etc, they looked crap so it was back to the drawing board. I finally decided to go back to the trusty chipboard letters. I bought the August kit from Bubblyfunk but hadn't done anything except get it out of the box, stroke the bits and pack it up again, so I thought I'd use stuff from that only. Di made a gorgeous and unusual mini book/album as the main focus of the kit, but as I have only done half of another mini book kit, I went with using the bits for card as that's more my thing.
Apart from the chipboard letters and ink pad, everything else on this card is from the August kit, including the stamps. The dotty paper is velvety, which you can just make out if you click to enlarge the pic:

I also did another card in the week for the little extra which was big and small and used a Christine Adolph stamp, DCWV card and shrink plastic again.

17 comments:

Paula said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous.

Ying Pang, said...

I love the "birthday" , well done !

Anne said...

Love your happy birthday, funky with pretty colours! Your big and little is lovely too, great idea with the shrink plastic!

Samm said...

Fab, love the happy birthday, just great!

Samm
x

Andrea said...

Love this card such nice colours

EllePiggo said...

Fab cards,I love shrink plastic.

Vanessa :)

Marlou said...

excellent cards, :)

Rhi said...

Love your funky Happy Birthday card, excellent! Rhi x

mum on the run said...

Both great cards Kaz!! Love the lettering on the first one!!

crissi said...

great cards !!!

Deb said...

Fantastic cards, your shrink plastic card is so elegant.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Great cards Kaz! Except for the bloody shrink plastic that is!

Rein said...

beautiful!

Angelnorth said...

Both great cards Kaz. How did you manage to make shrink plastic look elegant?!

Gillian :O) said...

Kaz, your cards are beautiful, I really love the second, the design and the colours are just gorgeous!

Susan (Sue H) said...

Both these cards are beautiful Kaz, especially the one with the flowers.

Penny said...

Both gorgeous! Love that velvet paper - very lush.