Friday, 7 September 2007

Happy Birthday Lynne

It's my lovely sister's birthday today, she's 29 again!! She's very special to me as throughout all the crap I've gone through, she has been the constant support. When I've been unhappy or frustrated, her answer is always 'come and stay with us for a few days' and it does the trick every time. She has given me two gorgeous nieces who are the nearest thing to having my own children I can get, but without any responsibility - which is the best bit!! I don't see enough of Lynne as I'd like as we live at opposite ends of the county, but she's always just a phone call away. This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago on holiday which was a great family break. I'm also very proud of her as she has got a promotion to art editor on mother and baby magazine - not bad considering her art teacher told her she wasn't good enough!!

Now she's got her pressies and cards I can blog them. This one uses Christine Adolph paper, various blooms and a maya rd chipboard heart that I've triple embossed and added just a touch of glitter to the final embossing.
This one is from my nan to Lynne, using one of the bug embossing folders, which I've tinted with chalks. The greeting is printed on safmat.
This one is made using chatterbox scrapbook walls papers, which I've used to make a pocket for a tag. The pink ribbon with flowers on is from ribbon oasis and is my favourite at the moment. I've used rob n bob rub ons for the daughter.
This is the journaling on the tag, which was printed onto safmat.
I didn't have time to make the present I had planned for Lynne, so she got two notebooks instead!! The big one with blooms is for at home and uses autumn leaves paper from the foliage collection. The letters are cut on the xyron.

The small book is for her bag so I've done it flat otherwise I think it would lose bits off it!! The paper is by chatterbox and the letters and flowers are cut on the bug.
I hope someone has made/bought you a birthday cake Lynne. Save me a big bit with icing on it (and don't let those pesky nieces have the best bits)!!!!

No comments: