Saturday, 6 October 2007

Answers on a postcard.

I finally came up with something for the new DCM dare late last night when I was thinking about mum and dad coming back from their holiday. They've been on a touring holiday of Virginia and Kentucky in America for 2 weeks so it's been very quiet here and it made me realise just how much I've been relying on their help at home. So the first change is to get a cleaner and she's coming round Tuesday so we can work out what I'd like her to do. I'll feel so much better knowing that they won't have stuff to do for me and can come round for just a cuppa instead of hoovering etc as well, although I don't think I'll ever be able to stop them washing up just before they go!! It'll also be great for me as I've been using my energy on housework this week and the crafting has been neglected, and that is truely criminal!!!
So I decided to do them a postcard, which I'll give them when they get here later today. They are going to pick nan up from the respite care home she's been in first - see they also care for my nan who's 92! Nan and I are always saying how lucky we are to have them.
Anyways enough of the blurb, here is my postcard:
I've used the kit I got from Bubblyfunk and I still have loads left. The only things not from the kit are the ribbon and flowers. The spotty paper is velvety and really strokeable! The greeting is stamped using the stamps away alphabet that came in the kit.

Thanks for looking x

16 comments:

Paula said...

Fabulous Kaz. Love the colours & papers.

Kathy said...

oooooohhhhhhhhh you used that spotty velvet paper - how brave are you then? What a lovely idea to make a card for your mum and dad, it sounds like they are truly wonderful, caring people, no wonder you've missed them.

Question is, will your cleaner be allowed near your craft stuff?

EllePiggo said...

A beautiful postcard Kaz:) Your parents will love it.
Vanessa.

Andrea said...

A really pretty postcard, fab colours

All Pink said...

Realy fantasic postcard ,your mum and dad will love it,Dawnx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

That card is lovely Kaz. I bet you missed them loads and NOT just for the housework. xx

Penny said...

That's fab, very strokable!

And cleaners are fab too - I've had one for years and I simply couldn't manage without one....but no, she's not allowed to touch my craft stuff!! LOL! Booo, I have to do that myself.....

Lythan said...

Aw what a lovely postcard - and such a great message too. Enjoy having the cleaner - I hope it works out well

Janette said...

Bet there was tears and your mum and dad loved the card,it is gorgeous. Hope all goes well on Tuesday with the cleaner,that is a great idea.I can see you tidying for her coming,make sure she makes a good cuppa. The last one I had for years sang as she swept and I lay in bed and sang along,it was great,I miss her.I am being good and resting.

Anne said...

Very pretty card, lovely fresh colours.

Deb said...

What a fabulous postcard, it is so pretty and such a lovely sentiment to show your parents how much they mean to you!

Marlou said...

hi there, i love your postcard for the challenge!! :)

Tracey said...

Great postcard Kaz. I love that velvety paper.
TraceyR

Montysmum said...

Oh I love the paper....must investigate finding that! and I love the senitment for your mum and dad who sound like a couple in a million!

Nanie said...

Oh, very beautiful card ! Sure your mum and dad will love it !

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen its your crafty cleaner here....!!
Fantastic blog u will have to teach me one day...hope the cleaning was up to scratch... takecare c u soon jenni x