Monday, 22 October 2007

Attention cupcake lovers

It was my birthday on Saturday (29 again), thanks for the lovely cards and wishes I received. I had some great pressies and some cash for stash whoo! Mum and dad have paid for the sewing machine I've ordered, which still hasn't arrived ggrr. It's only a basic one, but it's all I need.

One present I got is soo scrummy it needs blogging!
Even the box it came in is gorgeous! This satisfies not only my love of cupcake things, but also my love of mugs.


It was a busy weekend in all but I managed to finish two notebooks, one of which was for a birthday gift for tomorrow and the other I'm keeping as the one I got in a swap is finally full. I just hope mine manages to stay intact this long.

Both are covered with autumn leaves papers, flowers and ribbons from stash. I was really pleased with the letters for Phoebe's book. They are cut from chipboard and card I'd coloured using a brilliance trio inkpad. Once the glossy accents had dried, the shimmer showed through really well.

This morning I did the DCM dare from Friday - circle of friends, which had to be a friendship card that included circles. This was the first challenge they made a year ago on starting. I've been doing them for a few months now and I'd like to thank them and the other people who take part for inspiring me to make different types of cards. I think my cardmaking has improved since I began doing the challenges even if it costs a small fortune because I just have to have stuff I see on the other cards!
The pp is Renae's house by creative imaginations and the font is elastic wrath.

I've started knitting my monkey, I remembered most things which is amazing as I can't remember lunch! It might take a while to make judging by the progress.

Thanks for stopping by x

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow what a creation. Wonderful.

Farmersgirl said...

Ooh Kaz, I want that mug! Great notebooks.

Janice

Kathy said...

ooooh haven't you been a busy girlie! and such a lovely set of things too.

Thanks so much for making a card for this dare and all the others you've joined in with - they've all been fab and I love seeing them.
Thanks too for those loely words about the DCM - you'll have us all blushing, y'know!

Andrea said...

Fabulous notebooks, great colours and papers. Love your mug it's great, belated happy birthday

My Paper World said...

Love your crafty projects, and I love your cool cupcake cup too!

Deb said...

Gorgeous mug, I love mugs too, you can never have enough can you? You never know when they will all be in the dishwasher and you will run out! Gorgeous noteboooks too, Happy birthday!

Juliet said...

Beautiful card - the colours are lovely. The notebooks are fab too - I am doing a couple tomorrow.

Tracey said...

Lovely card!

Keryn Campbell said...

The colours on your DCM card are gorgeous. Love the mini circle to match the big one.

Penny said...

Cool mug! Love your notebooks too.

Happy belated birthday for Saturday ! :)

EllePiggo said...

Ooh Kaz, gorgeous Mug, notebooks and card!!! Happy belated birthday.:)

Angelnorth said...

Fab stuff Kaz, those notebooks look really cool and I love your DCM card. Ir is a bit dangerous for the old wallet joining in with these dares though, isn't it?!

All Pink girl said...

Wow bizzy ,bizzy over here ,fab thing love the note books ,glad you had a nice birthday with nice prezzy's Dawnx

Karen said...

Fab work! :o)

Lynne said...

You've been busy. Lovely card Kaz- thanks for joining in with our Birthday celebrations.

nanie said...

Great card !

Better late than never : Happy birthday !!

Monkee Maker said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry I haven't been around for a while .... I've been strangely busy!

Lovely lovely cupcake mug and beautiful books!

.... and No. You can't pretend to be Meg's Mum!!