Saturday, 13 October 2007

DCM beastly dare

This weeks DCM is to use an animal on your card, which gave me the excuse to finally use a stamp I bought ages ago in a sale. I have had no way of using it yet as its a cow but I really liked the look it's got, a bit like 'so.....?'

I combined it with Di Hickman's October card sketch #2

I know I'll be using this sketch again in the future as it's so flexible and simple (no comments thanks Rosie)! The papers are American Crafts double sided, the cow stamp doesn't have a label on it for some reason and the letters are stamps away.

I've also been making some mens cards as I have two this week and as they're family I have to make them for mum and nan to give as well as myself, so I've used sketches for inspiration.
This card uses this weeks sketch at CPS


I used more of the velvet paper from the kit (and I've still got some left), doodlebug patterned paper and bazzill card. The 'birthday' came from Lakeland in the sale (you know me and bargains). I only have a small star punch so I've done layers to make it bigger, and I've added some doodling as I've not done that for a while.
I'll blog the others when I've finished them.
Jenny came round yesterday to clean for me, and has done me proud. It turns out she makes cards too, as does somebody who lives opposite me, which is a result as we can swap stuff (I've already got one of her stamps)! It couldn't have worked out better!

20 comments:

Marlou said...

great cards you have made for the sketches :)

Helen & Co. said...

Fab cards! The pink and the cow go so great!

Lythan said...

HOw cool to find so many cardy types nearby! I love your cards - speshly the animal one but I guess I would say that!

Andrea said...

fab cards Kaz, I love the cow it's so cute

Di Hickman said...

very cool! Love the cow one, I have that stamp! Remind me and I'll check if mine has a label on in. TFS!

Maria said...

I love your card! I love the patterns and how you balanced the elements together. Fabulous job!

Maria

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous sketch cards!

Kathy said...

I just love all these cute cow cards!
Love that spotty vlevet paper one too - though still not sure how you could bear to use it!

leann said...

love them both!

Crafty Katie said...

Love both the cards..I have never used sketches but you have inspired me

Hazel said...

Love these cards (and the let is snow one below). The Di Hickman sketch one is really cute.

Deb said...

Fab cards, love pink and brown together and your card using the CPS sketch is great, love the doodling!

Paula said...

Gorgeous animal card. I have this stamp & I love how you have used it. The papers are gorgeous.

Angelnorth said...

Snap! How funny - we've both done cow goes moo cards, lol! Love yours, the cow looks slightly Gary Larsenish somehow. The sketch card turned out great, fabulous colour combo.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Gorgeous cards Kaz! I would never be so rude to call you simple darling (honest!) ;-)

Natty said...

I was totally mooooo-ved to comment (sorry!) but I just love your cow card. :oD

Kae said...

Fab cards :) I've got that cow stamp, too. Never used it though... You've given me an idea now :)

~x~

Rhi said...

Great cards, and how fab to have so many other crafters so close!

Nanie said...

Fab cards !

Lynne said...

Great card. Thanks for joining in.