Friday, 5 October 2007

Di Hickman Oct #1

It's been a very quiet week craftwise for me, for some reason I just didn't fancy doing anything. So I thought I ought to have a go today. I'm thinking about the DCM dare and have a big fat nothing still, but then I saw the sketch on Di Hickman's blog and finally found some mojo.


My friend's son Erol is 11 soon, so I thought I'd make a card with a pocket with a bookmark incorporated into it, that he can slip out once he takes his cards down.



I'm really not one for primary colours usually, but I loved this paper so went with it, after all boys don't want pink do they?! I knew that buying all those 100's of different shades of bazzill would come in useful one day ;)

The paper is disco ball in the celebration collection by American Crafts. The E was cut using the xyron cutter, which has been neglected since the arrival of the cuttlebug. I cut 3 of them and stuck them together for depth. You can't see it here, but I did the central layer in white so again it's got depth. The greeting is a pebbles in rub on.

Thanks for stopping by x

8 comments:

jo said...

Great idea! Love what you've done with the sketch:D

Deb said...

Fabulous, a card and a gift in one!
I am sure he will love it!

Andrea said...

Great card and a fab idea incorporating the bookmark. I love the circle paper

Marlou said...

excellent card, love the colours!!

Sarah said...

That is a very clever idea Kaz, I love the paper as well. Just seen those fabulous frames in the last post - absolutely gorgeous!

Helen & Co. said...

Really lovely Kaz

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Fab card Kaz! Great colour combo.

Di Hickman said...

ooh love the color scheme on this card, and great job incorporating the bookmark! TFS!