Thursday, 18 October 2007

I finally made it off the sofa today and got my fat arse dressed! Whoo me! So I finished off the cards that were started a few days ago. I think half of not doing anything to them is because they are vintage style and I have some sort of block with these. I just sit pushing things around the card trying to find some sort of order for them, but they always get used quickly by my parents so I need to do lots.

I went with the sketch this #28 sketch to help my poor brain!



The frame is one of the new Autumn Leaves stamps, which are sooo yummy. The base paper is from a K & Co 6x6 book and the rub on is by pebbles inc. The other bits are from a set I got off *whispers* qvc ages ago that is still hardly used due to my mental block!

I have been given an award by Deb, Ying Pang and Dawn over the past couple of days, so it's about time I awarded it to some other people. I now have to nominate 10 blogger pals who make me smile through their blogs. I'll do all of the girls over on bubblyfunkforum, along with Helen, Emilia and monkeemaker who made me cry laughing while stuck on the sofa.

Speaking of which, Tony gave me a pg tips monkey when he came to stay in the summer, and this monkey had been very happy sat on my printer with Tigger until this week, when he heard about an attempt on world domination by knitted monkeys (you have to look at this blog its bloody hilarious). Sadly, my monkey became a bundle of raging hormones when he saw Vera and fell in love



He was unconsolable when I explained she wasn't available, so I have promised to knit him a companion. Bearing in mind I haven't knitted anything for about 30 years and then it was only a scarf for my sindy doll, this is a daunting task, but I like a challenge.

13 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Awww - thanks Kaz, I'm touched! And what a fab photo of your PG monkey ogling Vera - brilliant!

But heavens to mergatroid .... not knitted for 30 years? And taking on a monkey?? That's brave. Very brave. Good luck with it, and be warned .... once you've done one you'll be hooked!

Andrea said...

Great card, that's a fab image of the ship

Katie said...

Oh, I'm going to have to agree, that frame is yummy! Love your card!

Ying Pang, said...

I really love your card, specially the happy birthday image!

Danielle said...

Love your frame! Very pretty card!

roree said...

I love that frame! Great take on the card sketch!

Emilia said...

Wow!! It's my honor!! Thank you! I am glad if my blog makes your smile!

The frame is extremely beautiful!! It is new from AL ? I am off to check that out!

Helen & Co. said...

Hi Kaz!
Thanks for the award!! I absolutely love your latest card - I may not be doing a ton of blogging now, but that doesn't mean I can't buy more stash does it?! - I really want that frame stamp set!
Best wishes,
Helen x

All Pink girl said...

Great card ,love the stamps you used ,Dawnx

Beth said...

Aww, you've made some really bootiful cards Kaz, your very clever indeed darl. Sorry I haven't popped by earlier. XX

Caroline said...

Lovely card Kaz and I like your new blog header too.
I've got one of those monkeys, aren't they cute?! Looking forward to seeing your knitted one.......

Tesa said...

Such a beautiful and nice card you've done! Great frame stamp and that ship is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

That monkey needs spanking !