Thursday, 25 October 2007

Scrummy goodies and DCM sketch

Look what lovely things have come to live with me. I've used my birthday money from my parents for the sewing machine, which was an absolute bargain, made even more so by using the commision I've built up on a catalogue. It's only a basic sewing machine but is all I need. And the box with the threads and accessories came free with it. I got the crop o dile with my nan's birthday money, which was cheaper on qvc than I'd seen it elsewhere. So in all I'm a very happy bunny. Yesterday Rach and Lucy came round with mum and dad for lunch on their way home. Rach took possession of my laptop as she'd missed msn, and Lucy ran out to the craft room shouting S-T-A-S-H!!! I think they may take after their auntie in soooo many ways. This is what I found by the time I reached her:
That lovely bloom had a bit of a sticky end. As she was showing nanny what she'd made, she dropped it in mum's beans on toast!!

This week's DCM little extra uses a sketch:

Although it wasn't specified as being a Christmas card, I thought I'd do one to keep going with them.



I've embossed a star stamp I inherited in white and coloured the card with versamagic, then buffed it (there's a name for this technique but I don't know it!). These were stuck on glitter card. I stamped around the edge with a studio g stamp, which was exactly the right size, luckily.

Thanks for stopping by x.

12 comments:

Karen said...

I really like this! Soft mellow hues, fab!

Sandy said...

Wow this is really wonderful. Amazing.

Andrea said...

Fab card, love the soft colours. Enjoy using your sewing machine, I really must get mine out.

Samm said...

This is lovely, so snowy and peaceful!

Samm
x

Nikki said...

Thats really pretty...love it!

My Paper World said...

Beautiful christmas card, I love the pretty pastel colours!

Paula said...

Beautiful pastel card.
Fab machine, Ive broken mine stitching card!Now I can't make curtains.

All Pink girl said...

Love this card realy pretty ,Dawnx

Penny said...

Love this - the rounded corners are a nice touch too.

You must be one happy bunny with all that new stash!

Kathy said...

oh wow, this is beautiful, what a fabby way to use the sketch

Lucky Kaz with all the new stashystuff!

Anne said...

This is so pretty and wintery, love it!

Deb said...

ooooh Kaz, this is gorgeous, love the colours!