Saturday, 3 November 2007

DCM - and cut

This weeks DCM is:

This week its Tracie setting the dare and it is to make a card and CUT!
Any theme goes, so for those of you needing a break from Christmas crafting this is the perfect opportunity to have a change. All styles are welcome but there MUST be an element of handcutting somewhere. It could be a greeting, a shape, letters printed on your pc and handcut, anything goes as long as you did it by hand.

I struggled with this as the first wasn't turning out as I'd hoped so started another that I'm not keen on so went back to the first. Nice to know I'm still as indecisive as ever. I'm happier with the first one but thought I'd blog both as it's always good to get feedback from other cardmakers.

I've ordered another versamark 'for best' and used the one I have on the happy so it didn't matter about it getting grubby. The letters have all been cut by hand.

PP is pink petticoat, big letters by hero arts triple embossed with UTEE, small letters by stamps away and glossy accented, flowers by prima.


PP is autumn leaves, home stamp is by stamps away, doorway stamp by stamps happen which is on shrink plastic with chalks. I cut around the outside as it has small writing around it and when shrunk looks odd!

I've been tagged by Caroline so I need to think up some random facts about myself now!

Thanks for looking x

15 comments:

Jane's Crafty Creations said...

Very nice ... I love the colours.

Sandy said...

Wow really nice Cards. Love the Cuts. Great work.

Paula said...

Very pretty cards.

stamp and scrape said...

I love the first card - the colours are so soft.
Ros

Andrea said...

2 really pretty cards and lovely colours

Deb said...

Gorgeous cards Kaz, your letters look amazing UTEE'd!

Lythan said...

both cards are great but I just lurve the letters on the first one

All Pink girl said...

Two lovely card ,love how you used the letters on the first card great idea ,Dawnx

Nanie said...

Both cards are really beautiful !

Glitter Monkey said...

These cards are really fab! I LOVE UTEE - it rocks. Lol Lynn xx

Kathy said...

I like them both, Kaz, but the first one would be my fave too

My Paper World said...

Both of them are very pretty!

Angelnorth said...

Both fab cards Kaz. I do like those patterned alpha stamps and I love the way you've UTEE'd them here (and nice to see I have company on a 'for best' Versamark pad :o).

Lesley said...

Hi Kaz
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I'm very impressed with your cards - gorgeous!!
I've been having more Monkee fun today - MM has really started something :o)

Rhi said...

Delisshcious cards, I love the first one, I have the happy alpha too and i Lub it!

Rhi x