Friday, 9 November 2007

Getting Corrugated...

This weeks DCM is a right bugger and comes from Jo

My dare this week is to use some corrugated card on your card - it could be corrugated craft card or an old box etc. taken to pieces :) You could make the card blank from it or die cut shapes etc...

I'm not a fan of corrugated card on my cards, probably a throw back from the first cards I made, so this was a bit of a challenge and made me think (and we all know I'm useless at that!)

I came up with this

Yes I know it's difficult to tell, but it's the scalloped bit of the flower cut from an old box and colour tinted with an ink pad, trust me! If you look closely you can see the ridges from where it went through the bug.

PP is by American Crafts and the stamp is by Hero Arts, bazzill card, flowers and brads from stash.

Thanks for looking x

18 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Kaz very simply Card. Love this elegance.

Glitter Monkey said...

This is a lovely card. You have the same views as me of corrugated card but this challenge has made me think again! Lol x

stampingbalou said...

Such a lovely card - so soft in colours - love it...

Juliet said...

Well it turned out great Kaz! Lovely colours.

Andrea said...

Fab card and beautiful colours

All Pink girl said...

Beautiful card ,love the colour ,Dawn ,
i have been asked if i can paint beigh monkey's this afternoon lol,you have started some thing Dawn+2years old alexxx ,xxxx

Monty's Mum said...

I love the colours used

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Very elegant use of corrugated card, lovely!

Rhi said...

Great card, love the colours :)

Samm said...

Very pretty!! I thought it was a buggar too!!!LOL!!

Samm
x

Lavender Rose said...

This is really pretty, lovely papers.

My Paper World said...

Well it turned out great! Its very pretty!

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Kaz, I am struggling this week too, will have to get onto it tomorrow, not much cardmaking to be done today!
Love your banner, did you make it yourself?

manicstamper said...

I'm not a fan of corugated card either but you did a fab job with this card.

Kathy said...

such a gorgeous card. Love the soft pink

Louly said...

Well it was well worth getting out of your comfort zone, it looks fab!

scrapnnMO said...

OM your card is absolutely stunning! Great job on the challenge!

EllePiggo said...

Very elegant.:)
Vanessa.