Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Piles of Parcels/wonkey abuse

You would think, being a nanny, my mum would be a kind, sweet woman wouldn't you? I'm going to shatter that image as she has been abusing Wonkey. Before he had legs, she was tying his arms in knots, then she moved onto making him pull funny faces and today, well just look....


..................... she's only gone and sat on them!!! Sadly we couldn't laugh quietly, so they have the hump.

On Monday my parents took me to the local haberdashers as I haven't been there for years, usually buying that sort of stuff online. It looks grotty on the outside, but inside it's full of everything. It was even better than when I was last there as now it has a few papercraft stuff, although I didn't get anything in that bit. I did get these goodies.....


........... and have started on another monkey, this time using the more complicated pattern. And I have plans for the material samples.

This weeks DCM little extra is Piles of Parcels.

we'd like you to put some gorgeous, tempting, beautifully wrapped Christmas parcels on your cards this time.

I've used the DCWV scrapbook in a stack set again as it's got this lovely parcel paper..

The parcel stamp is by onefourzero coloured with H2O's and the greeting is a studio g stamp.

Thanks for looking.

16 comments:

Karen X said...

Oh Kaz!!!!! I love your wonkeys, they are gorgeous!!!!!

Paula said...

Cool card. I adore your wonkeys!!

All Pink girl said...

Wow fabulous card Kaz,love the papers and the stamp .
just to keep you updated with my daughters monkey lol,
try telling a just 3year old monkeys and red felt pens dont mix lol,we now have a customized monkey with red scribbles on and every time we go in asda i have to look for the red monkeys ,
i hope this will have no long term affect on her lol,take care Dawn

Monty's Mum said...

lovely card and poor wonkey monkey!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, i love those papers the colours are fab

stamp and scrape said...

Love the colouring on the parcel - aren't H2Os fab!?
Ros

TraceyR said...

Love the colours on this parcel card Kaz. Hope the wonkeys feel better soon. x

My Paper World said...

Very pretty card, Love the colours!

Monkee Maker said...

Monkeys as cushions?? Shocking!

Great stash from the haberdashers ... "haberdashers", what a fab word - it makes me think of John Inman for some reason!

And a beatiful christmassy card :)

Kathy said...

ooooh what a lovely card!
And a pretty neat haul from the habby shop too!

Poor Wonkey, your mum should be ashamed of herself!

Igotmebabe said...

Your Mum would never do that to Wonkey! My guess is Wonkey is faking it so he doesnt need to listen to you :) Glad you enjoyed your haberdashers trip,I can hear the needles clicking from here.I am off to Hobbycraft later with Katie for sketch pads,think we may end up buying more than that. Bug Hugs

PaperBabe - Kim said...

I love your wonkeys they are fantastic so full of character. And your parcels card is lovely.

Glitter Monkey said...

What a gorgeous card. Love that backing paper. Love your haberdashery haul too! Lol x

Jane said...

Poor Wonkey, perhaps a cuddle would bring his roundness back. beautiful card too

Caroline said...

I LOVE your monkey or Wonkey.....Let me have the pattern please Kaz, I would love to give it a go.... Love the pic of them eating choccie biscuits too - so funny!
Your cards are fab too, of course :-)

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Poor lil' wonkey! Bet your mum just couldn't be arsed to move him before she sat down! LMFAO xx