Monday, 17 December 2007

about bloomin' time

It's taken a few weeks, but I've finally finished the monkeys for my nieces. I really don't know how Monkee Maker manages to knit so many in such a short space of time. The only problem I have now is giving them away. They look quite handsome I think (oh bugger I really have been manless for too long)!


and here's the gang all together on their sofa. Twisty really is a bit twisty isn't he?! Good job I'm odd too ;)


This also means that I am almost at the end of making the gifts for this year. It's the first time I've done it as up until this year I hadn't branched out from making cards. It's been a combination of challenges and swaps on Bubblyfunk and getting inspiration from the many blogs that I've been looking at. I've really enjoyed doing other things and having the confidence to just have a bash at stuff and now I have a long list of things I'd like to make, so anyone who gets pressies from me had better be prepared for handmade stuff!! It's been great healthwise too as it means I'm not having to traipse out to the shops all the time and gives me a brilliant excuse to buy more stash!!

Anyhooo here's a couple of bits I've done this week. The photo frames are painted with H2O's and stamped using silver ink and a text stamp.

This is my favourite box I made as I love that black and white paper (autumn leaves) and the bright pink combo. The photo of the lid was blurred, but the swirls are from a quickutz die which I think will be making a big appearance very soon!
Thanks for stopping by x

7 comments:

Farmersgirl said...

Lovely monkees Kaz. Your neices are going to be so thrilled. It's amazing how they all have a slightly different look. The one on the right has a puzzled look and the one on the left looks like he is thinking "come on woman, hurry up - It takes Two is coming on in a minute" hee hee hee
Janice

Angelnorth said...

Handsome, you say? Hmmmmm. :-D

Great monkeys, Kaz - your nieces will love 'em, I'm sure!

EllePiggo said...

WOW - what fab work! I love them all!!! :) I wouldn't want to give those monkeys away either, but your nieces will adore them.:)
Vanessa.

Penny said...

I lurve your monkeys. The one on the left looks like he's been caught short LOL!

Nice frames too! Anything which saves on the dreaded shopping is all good!

Rhian said...

Great job on the monkees! I'd have a hard time giving them away too!

Monkee Maker said...

Wow, monkeys galore at yours! They are indeed a handsome set of primates, and that's also one very handsome box. You've been busy!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Kaz, I love your work honey! It's been such a privilege knowing and becoming a friend during 2007. You are one talented lady.

I love the wonkeys..... Freya would love one, I'm sure LMFAO

Is that my name I spy on that box too? LOL LOL

Have a good Christmas babe.

Wuvs ya!
xxx