Friday, 7 December 2007

Candy stripes

It feels like I haven't done a card dare/challenge for ages while I've been making pressies and I've missed it like the saddo I am. I need to do cards for Mum's birthday so it's a good excuse.

I've used a combination of the DCM candy stripe dare, where any card could be made so long as it had stripes on it, and the Di Hickman December #1 sketch.



The patterned paper is from a K&Co paper pad, which I chose as it had soft stripes on it. The lace, flowers and gem brad are from my stash.

Now it's back to gift making! I'm getting there slowly!

Thanks for looking x

17 comments:

EllePiggo said...

Oh WOW, its a gorgeous card Kaz! :)
And if you're a saddo - then I am too LOL :)
Vanessa.

Kathy said...

This is such a pretty card, Kaz.

Thanks for the reminder about that K&Co stuff, I've 2 commissioned 80th birthday cards to make and I think this paper would be perfect. If I can find it!

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is really elegant. Love this paper.

funky doodles said...

beautiful card the paper looks lovely and the flower is gorgeous. I also love the notebooks what you have made further down your blog, what a great gift to give someone really special :)

Karen X said...

Its such a beautiful card Kaz. I have some of that paper somewhere!!!

Clare said...

Lovely, so soft and feminine. I missed doing card challenges lately because of everything else going on, so you're not the only one!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely subtle stripes - beautiful card Kaz, I'm sure your mum will love it!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card such gorgeous colours

Penny said...

It's so pretty Kaz, lovely and soft and what a gorgeous brad in the middle of the flower!

Gillian :O) said...

oh Kaz, so girly and dreamy, lovely card :)

Paula said...

Absolutely gorgeous, your mum will treasure that.
I have done challenges instead of getting the presents finished & now the time is ticking against me!!

Lana said...

Really pretty (though I have to admit that I was rather distracted by the post below it and those FABBBB monkeys!!! :)

Samm said...

Gorgeous! love it!

Samm
x

Glitter Monkey said...

I love these Kay & Co papers. Great take on the sketch too! Lol x

Rhi said...

Beautiful Kaz, so soft and elegant, really pretty :)

manicstamper said...

Such a pretty card.

Di Hickman said...

GORGEOUS! Love the colors, and the lace! Just perfect! TFS!
Oh and btw loving the blog name! lol!