Wednesday, 12 December 2007

DCM - tag time and other bits

The little extra on DCM this week is to use or make tags and I can join in with this one by showing the tags I've made for this year, as I don't have time to make anything extra at the moment.

It uses the snowman and snowflake cuttlebug die, bazzill card, silver mirri paper, chalks and glitter glue.

It's mum's birthday today and along with the notebook shown on a previous post and other bits, I made up a canvas for her bedroom. Mum chose the material when we went to dunelm mill a few weeks ago so it wasn't really a surprise, just a surprise I managed to do it! It was a bargain and is a thick voile so was much easier to cover than the last ones. If anyone is thinking of doing a canvas using material, I'd recommend using an upholstery staple gun as it's much easier and quicker than an ordinary stapler. I only used half the material so I'll make some cushions after Christmas for them.

I've been making presents still this week, but I think I've finally got on top of them (ooerrr). It's been decorating boxes this week. I bought these plain boxes that fold flat in poundland (ssshhh) and a few days, some card, glue and ink later I have these:


The blue and brown paper is by scrapbook walls and the white circles paper is by american crafts. The names have been done using the cuttlebug. I've got 2 girlie ones to finish tomorrow. And here is Twisty modelling the latest line in designer boxwear!



13 comments:

Farmersgirl said...

Those boxes were a real bargain Kaz and you have made them look lovely. I really like the canvas, good choice of fabric by your Mum and, of course, fabulous workmanship or workwomanship - hee hee

Andrea, said...

Love the tag and the boxes

EllePiggo said...

Ooooh, they're all fantastic!! I must try the material/canvas thing! :)
Vanessa.

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow really fabulous pieces. Gorgeous.

Paula said...

Fabulous stuff.

Kathy said...

Oh Kaz
What a wonderful lot of things, the gift tags are gorgeous and so are the boxes and wall hanging - what a fab idea - I think something similar would look great in our "new" room.
I wonder if I can convince hubby!

Monkee Maker said...

Wow - you and your "helper" have been really busy!! The boxes look brilliant :)

My Paper World said...

Great projects! They look gorgeous!

Gillian :O) said...

You know I love your ART Kaz, but I love your monkey's too :)
The kids loved the previous post with them in the tree...
Thanks for sharing the fun xxx

Caroline, Bubbly Funk said...

I love those monkees - I want one!
The boxes are fab Kaz and beautifully modelled by Monkee of course......

Angelnorth said...

Those boxes look fab Kaz and Twisty is doing a great job at showing them to their full potential!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Kaz, I really cannot believe that you photographed Twisty in nothing but his boxers for all in Cyberspace to see! LMFAO!!!!

Great work (as always!!)

Catch you soon xxxx

Karen said...

So pleased to see that you have put Monkeu to work writing out your cards!!!!!

The boxes are really great!!!