Friday, 25 January 2008

DCM and other stuff

This week's DCM is called 'foiled'.

I would like you to utilise some plain old aluminium (aluminum for our friends across the pond!) foil from your kitchen :). You can scrunch it, die cut it, emboss it, ink it, coil it, cover chipboard - or anything else that you choose!
It's dad's birthday next week so I need to make 3 cards for him, so I thought I'd go with mum's to him with this card. The paper is all from the new basic grey two scoops that I know many other bloggers have got and love as much as I do, all those scrummy swirls! I cut the heart freehand from a cereal box, covered it with foil and bunged the whole lot through the cuttlebug to emboss it, using the swirls of course. I also dug out the silver mirri card that I've not used for ages.


I loved doing the card in Lynne's style so I did another which was quite quick to do. The felt flower was cut using a bug die and the rest was freehand. Background paper is by American crafts. The stamp is by inkadinkadoo and is coloured with H2O's.


I've been asked to do a couple of cards for a baby boy's dedication ceremony. I haven't heard of this before but it's like a non-religious Christening, and I was stumped with what to do. I stamped part of a stamps happen stamp and coloured it with H2O's (can you tell these two cards were done at the same time?). The ribbon was a bargain from hobbycraft.

Over on Bubblyfunk forum we're sharing our craft space and here's mine taken earlier today when I was in the middle of doing the DCM card. As you can see, I still haven't quite found the futon! I'm getting rid of it at some point this year as it's only used for storing craft stuff!! I'm going to get a recliner chair that will take up less room so I can still slob out there, especially when I can get the doors open again, and then I can maybe get more storage!!!



20 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Love the cards Kaz!

Monkee Maker said...

I love the colours on those cards, and the one with the silver heart on is just fab! (.... they all are, natch, but I really like that one)

Oh, your lounge looks so .... so .... lived in!

;)

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow they are wonderful projects. absolutely stunning.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lovely cards Kaz.

Futon? What futon? All I can see is stash! LOL

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous cards Kaz ,
your craft room looks so tidy compaired to my table LOL xxxx
still got loads of monky madness at my house xxxxxDawnxx

Judy said...

Lovely heart, love the shape!
I can't wait to get my Cuttlebug!
Judy NZ

Glitter Monkey said...

I love the heart card - it's so classy. The other two are just gorgeous. Wonderful colours. Thanks for sharing your craft space - I am nosy! Lol x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards, love the spotty paper

Rainowgirl said...

I love your DCM dare card. The heart looks really good. Your craft space seems much tidier than mine!

Di

Ellen said...

love the swirly heart Kaz and those bears are so cute , you're on a roll there ( if there was enough space)

manicstamper said...

Love all of these cards!!!

Gina said...

Came here to peep on your card for DCM {which I think looks great!}
but love all your cards! :O)

pretty-pink-cards said...

Love your cards..
The embossed heart is fab

Caroline x

Kathy said...

I love your latest batch of cards Kaz, they;re all fab.
Well done for sharing your craft space pics too!

Jo said...

Great cards Kaz - the heart looks great!

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards!

Lesley said...

I love your cards Kaz! I gave mother-in-law the one with the embossed flowers panel and she was thrilled with it :)
I could quite happily into your house - in fact it looks like I have already!!!!
Lesley xx

Anne said...

Lovely cards, all of them! Really like the embossed foil heart and the colours you have used on that card :)

Susan (Sue H) said...

Great cards Kaz....just beautiful!

Louly said...

Love them all, especially the foiled heart. Stunning.