Wednesday, 9 January 2008

DCM - little extra

The little extra on DCM this week is also titled 'new', but they want you to use new things you got for Christmas. Tony and I always give each other money for Christmas and birthdays, so I waited this year and did a bit of sale shopping to get more for my money (no, I'm not tight, I just like a bargain)!

I got this chick stamp (and a few others), plus a sheet of paper. Or 3. Or ok so it was nearly a whole pizza box full and I can't get them all in my drawer until I tidy it, but they will fit, and they were cheap! On another note, the pizza boxes on the futon on the last post, well they were collected over a few months or so (lol) and mostly they are kits from Bubblyfunk. This afternoon I've managed to get the kits I haven't done yet - which is 3, just sitting there - and get them all in one box. I will get round to doing the kits at some point.

I made these cards in the early hours of this morning as I'm going through a stage of early morning insomnia and used this sketch from poeticartistry.

PP by daisy bucket, chick stamp by penny black, other bits from stash.

I went over to Wilkinsons today as I'd run out of red wool (yes Dawn, I've started Alex's monkey made of knit) and was very excited (did I say I don't get out much?) to see they have some bargain wool at the mo. I've been desperately trying to purchase a hairy monkee from monkeemaker, but I'm never quick enough so I think I'm going to attempt to knit one. The wool was buy 3 x 50g balls for 99p and they've got lots of scrummy colours (see pic if you don't believe me)

I'm not planning on knitting monkees in all these colours, but they were bargains and I'm a sucker for a bargain, as you may be realising by now. I really don't know if I'm good enough to manage the pattern with this stuff, but if not it's scarves all round next Christmas!!!

I've gone a bit mad today like going out and not having a sleep in the hope of sleeping through for a change. The plan is good but I've got to try and stay up beyond 8pm tonight to do it!!

21 comments:

Stine said...

my only hint for making a monkee of knit with the hairy yarn is to have a nice bright light when working in it. It makes it easier to see the stitches thru all the hair. what color are you going to make him?

Lesley said...

Good luck with the fluffy monkee knitting! It nearly drove me mad when I did a fluffy one and will stick to 'straight' ones from now on!!
I love your chick stamp - very very cute.
Hope you sleep better tonight :)

Andrea, said...

Fab cards, lovely colours.

Lesley said...

Me again!
Just to let you know I've awarded you a 'You Make My Day Award' for services to monkee world domination and blogging- if you pop over to my blog it's all explained there:)
Lesley xx

Glitter Monkey said...

Lovely card. Can't wait to see the monkees you knit with all that wool! Lol x

Juliet said...

Great cards - really cute chick stamp. Enjoy the knitting!

Jane said...

fantastic cards. love the colours !

debby4000 said...

Great cards, cute chick. Looking forward to the fluffy monkey.

scrapnnMO said...

Your cards are sooo CUTE! Awesome job well done girl! And you made two. Love the color schemes of both!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great cards love the layout.

Deb said...

Fab chick cards, love the chicks and that dotty paper!
Can't wait to see what you make with that gorgeous wool, wish I could find some time to knit, I so love all things knitted!

Jilli said...

Great cards, love the chick

Anne said...

Those cards are great fun, and lovely colours, too.
BTW, I would have stocked up on that wool, too, at that price. Looking forward to seeing hairy monkeys :)

EllePiggo said...

Fab cards - can't wait to see your monkeys. :)
Vanessa.

Monkee Maker said...

Oh my god I have yarn envy now! THREE BALLS FOR NINETY NINE OF YOUR FINEST PENCE??? That's just FABULOUS!!

Sorry to keep shouting, but I'm VERY EXCITED BY THAT!!

Good luck with the hairy monkees. I'll be doing some more soon. They're ok to knit but HORRENDOUS to sew up.

Very very sweet cards too .... sorry, I seem to have been distracted by THAT GORGEOUS YARNAGE!!

:)

Penny said...

Hey, cute chicks! Did making them help you sleep? Hmm, don't I know all about it - what time is it, oh yes, 2-15 am.....can't wait to see the fluffy monkeys!

Penny said...

Hey, cute chicks! Did making them help you sleep? Hmm, don't I know all about it - what time is it, oh yes, 2-15 am.....can't wait to see the fluffy monkeys!

Sarah said...

Really cute cards! Fab colours too!

Kitty said...

Hello - thank you for visiting my blog. Gosh, but I've had a lovely time examining all your bits and bobs. You are jolly clever. You said you always make mistakes - can't see any on those cards, they look pretty darned perfick to me.

As for the fluffy yarn - yummy. I look forward to seeing your monkey made of knit. I have printed out the pattern, but my Lazy Slut Disorder has thus far prevented me from actually knitting one *blush*.

Hope you don't mind if I bookmark?

Take care :-) x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Hi Kaz - delighted you have joined the swap! Could you email me your email address please? Mine is on my profile page. Lucy

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

These cards are adorable! Love them! I suffer from insomnia, too - and it's been lots worse lately. Nothing seems to work, I'm lucky to get 3 hours a night - ensuring that I'm always tired and cranky! LOL