Wednesday, 16 January 2008

DCM mid week tribute

The little extra over on DCM this week is:


Now, as you are probably aware, both Lynne and Gillian sadly stepped down from the Design team recently, and all though the DCM team's door is always open for them, we thought it would be nice to pay a little tribute to them in appreciation for all their wonderful work during their time on the DCM design team. Lythan came up with an idea that we make a card in the 'style' of either Lynne or Gillian's cards.
I went for Lynne's style of framing which I've always loved and, now I've had a bash, I might do a couple more as it wasn't as tricky as I first thought. I guess it's having the confidence to just go freehand. I failed art O level so have always had it in my mind that I have no control over my hand when it has a pen or pencil in it!!
I used some card from my scraps box and a hero arts stamp of Newton.

There's still some time to enter my blog candy giveaway, see previous post. In the meantime I've made my nan a notebook for her birthday tomorrow. She's 93!!! Hopefully she'll write things down and mum and her carers can leave notes for her as, as you'd expect at that age, her memory isn't so good. (So what can I use as an excuse?)!

The paper is by daisy bucket that I got in a sale recently. Prima flowers and ribbons by ribbon oasis.


14 comments:

Lesley said...

Your freehand frames look so effective on that card. I'm of the opinion that any art we do at school bears very little relation to how artistic we may actually be! Because I wasn't into drawing fantasy figures I wasn't even allowed to do 'o' level art. Years later I did an evening class and managed to produce some half decent pictures!

I love your Nan's notebook - what a lovely idea :)

Lesley x

Lesley said...

You've just really made me laugh!!! Wizard of Ox - why of course - why not?
Thanks for a much needed giggle :)

Lesley xx

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

That's a lovely present for your Nan - I hope she loves it! Lucy x

Juliet said...

Beautiful card, lovely stamp, and I think your Nan will love her notebook. Great idea!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous love the cute doggie

stamp and scrape said...

Love the BM pp you used for the frames, and the sweet stamping!
Ros

Janette said...

love your card, you certainly seem artistic to me. Don't let your lack of O level phase you, I was told I wasn't good enough to even take the class let alone the o level so I had to do cookery instead!!!

EllePiggo said...

Its a fab card and love the notebook! :)
Vanessa.

All Pink girl said...

Wow gorgeous book and a so cute card ,love them both ,Dawnxx

Deb said...

Such a cute card and gorgeous book, I am sure your Nan will love it!

Gillian :O) said...

Kaz, you've captured Lynnes style wonderfully, and given it your own special look too, love that little puppy :)

Di said...

A beautiful book Kaz, I'm lovin those papers.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Fabulous tribute to Lynne there Kaz.

Your nan will love that book and what a great idea to do that for her too!

Caroline said...

Lovely card kaz, I love that doggie stamp and your freehand is perfect....