Friday, 4 January 2008

Sophia's pressies

I am soo excited as I'm going to meet my friend Helen's new baby Sophia for the first time tomorrow. She was born on 23rd December, but with Christmas and New Year, I've not been there yet as she doesn't live locally. It's given me a little bit extra time to finish the bits I've been making for her.

I've made this name plaque using a wood base, acrylic paints and brilliance inkpads.

The felt flowers and velvet paper came from kits from Bubblyfunk as did the maya road chipboard hearts. Flowers are by prima and ribbons are from Ribbon Oasis. The letters are made using hero arts alphabet stamps and glossy accents.

Meanwhile, something or someone has got the guy's attention *note the presence of Tigger, back after 13 years of captivity following a kidnap ordeal (yes it is a very strange coincidence that my eldest niece is 13 too)*

Twisty is trying to look cool and disinterested in the hope it attracts attention (he told me afterwards) And here she is, the lovely pink one, who I have to part with.

No beans or googly eyes on this one, but somehow I don't think she'll stay this colour long. I think there's a very good chance she's bigger than Sophia, so I'm hoping she's too small to be freaked!!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Ooooooh she's the prettiest monkee made of knit I've ever seen!! I want to make a baby-pink one now!
Those are lovely presents for your friend's baby and so much more special that you've made them. Good job Twisty's doing there pretending he's not interested in the pink babe ;)
Lesley xxx

Monkee Maker said...

A beautiful name plaque and gorgeous monkey, Kaz .... that's one very lucky little baby

:)

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Awww give Sophia a (gentle) squeeze from me, won't you Kaz?

The plaque for her room and the pink wonkey are soooo gorgeous!

All Pink girl said...

Wow that name plaque is soooo gorgeous ,
and i have to say i love the new pink monkey in the family xxx
Dawnx

stamp and scrape said...

The name plaque is so beautiful - your friend must be thrilled with it.
Ros