Wednesday, 27 February 2008

So far so good.

Well it was all exciing stuff here this morning when this parcel arrived. As you can see I was in a bit of a hurry to get at it, although I did manage to grab the phone at the same time and call Tony as it looked like I had been sent a brand new lappy.
As usual, I was too excited too soon and it was just a new box. Twisty and the hairy one showed them what they thought of that!!




Still, so far it's doing ok, but I'm not holding my breath, time will tell. It actually went to Germany for this repair and the Germans did in a week, what the repair centre here hadn't managed in 3 weeks.

So here's a couple of things I've been working on while my baby's been away.

This is a clipboard I altered for my friend Jane's birthday. I got the clipboard from Sarah's cards and the papers are k & co wild saffron range.


I finally got round to making some cushions for Lynne to match her canvas I did her for Christmas. These were meant to be presents too, but I didn't have enough time!!


Talking of canvases, I covered two more for me to swap for the ones I got bored with in my flat. This first one is using some material I got cheap at Dunelm Mill last year. I'm doing another one, exactly the same for the Auction for Ellie that's taking place at Bubblyfunk. The material looks like silk (I can't remember what it is now) and is duck egg blue with flocked beige circles. Looks better than it sounds!


This other one is covered with some material I got off ebay. With the bit left I'm doing something for mum for mother's day - I've got to get my arse into gear to make it though.

Lynne gave me a cardi she didn't want anymore (I love my sister's clear outs), but it didn't look right on me, so I took the belt off it and put the cardi in for charity (is that awful?). I then made this bag charm for my friend Coris's birthday using the wooden disks.


Finally, another friend has had a baby girl, so I made this card using the basic grey 2 scoops paper. The letters are cuttlekids dies, which are being used loads by me.


So after that little update, I'm off to get some food and get off the net. I discovered while being without a pc, that I must be spending too long online, so I have to be disciplined to avoid the exhaustion concentrating causes (that's when I do concentrate). I'll be catching up with everyone's blogs over the next few days.

It's good to be back with my blog buddies and forum friends, it's been so quiet in my world!!

9 comments:

Kitty said...

Fingers crossed for you Kaz! Hope it's all betterer now. x

Lesley said...

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!! You're back!!!

I don't blame the monkeys for mooning about the new box trick but I'm so glad you've got your laptop back!!

Lovely photos and the shopping list book is gorgeous!!

xxx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Welcome back babes! Bin missin ya!

{{hugs}}

xx

Igotmebabe said...

When did you do all that ? Have I went missing in time ? Here was me thinking I was keeping up with you with the monkey knitting, but you have been doing all these wonderfull things and you have knitted the hairy one, you are just far too clever for your own good !
Bug Hugs
Mary Doll

Jane said...

Hoorah, Kaz is back. missed you lots fingers crossed all goes well with the laptop. Jane x

Alison said...

Have been lurking and thought it was time to say Hi!
Glad you got your lappy back.
I would be lost without mine!
Take care,
Alison

Di said...

Glad you're back honey, been missing browsing round your blog.

Good to see you've been busy while you've been offline, beautiful work!

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Great to have you back Kaz!!!

All Pink girl said...

Yayyyyyyyyy ,so glad you are back xxxx
love the money pictures (how rude LOLxxxx) Dawnxx