Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Happy Birthday Lubilu!!


Today it's my youngest niece Lucy's 9th birthday. Happy Birthday darling!! This is Lucy last year doing a spot of gardening.


I only managed a quick chat this morning as I woke up late and they were in the final stages of leaving for school and work and everyone knows what that's like!

I was told to leave it a bit later calling tonight as they are going to the pet shop after school to pick up a pair of rabbits. That is unless Lucy has exploded at the excitement of it being her birthday and getting her very first pet on the same day. Unless you count Gary the hamster as a pet. This is Gary..


And this is his cage Lucy made for him when she was smaller with a bed and toys and a friend..




I'd been sick for 3 weeks when Lucy was born, so I missed out an awful lot of her first 2 years of life and she was very wary of me when I started staying there after my ex and I split. We soon made up for lost time and very soon I was a regular at her beauty parlour!!

Now we love to get together and do a bit of cutting and sticking and making a mess and being told off for making a mess!!

I'll leave you with the cards I made for her sent by Mum and Dad, Nan and myself.



17 comments:

Kitty said...

You wait ... she'll start with the hormones next ... :-O ... it's not pretty.

Those are fabulous cards - you clever thing.

x

Janice said...

Aw, it is obviously a very special relationship. Happy Birthday Lucy.

Janice

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Those cards are amazing!!! Happy birthday Lucy!!!! Hope she liked her wallet!

Lesley said...

I have a very beautiful Lucy niece too, only mine is a very grown up sixteen and a half apparently - I could swear she's still only three but she denies it!!

I hope your little Lucy has a great day. Those cards are beautiful and so special.

You just can't beat having your hair pulled out at the roots by a small girl - ouch ;)

xxxx

Lesley said...

I have a very beautiful Lucy niece too, only mine is a very grown up sixteen and a half apparently - I could swear she's still only three but she denies it!!

I hope your little Lucy has a great day. Those cards are beautiful and so special.

You just can't beat having your hair pulled out at the roots by a small girl - ouch ;)

xxxx

Lesley said...

I have a very beautiful Lucy niece too, only mine is a very grown up sixteen and a half apparently - I could swear she's still only three but she denies it!!

I hope your little Lucy has a great day. Those cards are beautiful and so special.

You just can't beat having your hair pulled out at the roots by a small girl - ouch ;)

xxxx

Angelnorth said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!

Great cards Kaz, love your pink one with the girl in her trendy outfit!

Igotmebabe said...

Happy Birthday To Lucy. Can't wait to see pictures of the rabbits, bet they are nicer than mine. I remember pictures of you at the beauty parlour, it seems like yesterday.
Fab cards, hope she had a great day and that you had a lovely chat with her tonight
xx

Penny said...

Happy birthday to Lucy! Fab cards too :)

Jane said...

Lovely cards Kaz they look so professional, Happy Birthday to Lucy.Jane x

Julie said...

Beautiful cards Kaz. :)

All Pink girl said...

Fabulous cards Kaz ,hope Lucy has a fab birthday ,Hugs Dawn & Alexx
still monkey magic at this house xxxx

ink'n'rubba said...

such pretty cards for Lucy - hope she has a fab birthday.

Caroline said...

Lovely cards Kaz........

CraftyC said...

A great set of cards!!
Clairexx

Kathy said...

Great pics Kaz. and all the cards are fab

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lucky Lucy to have such a wonderful Aunty as you! xx