Saturday, 8 March 2008

more goodies

I don't have anything I've made to blog as I'm a berk and didn't take photos of Lucy's cards before I gave them to mum and I'm having a mojo block for my card to give her. I did however have a trip out to Dunelm Mill that involved eating a big slab of their chocolate egg cake mmm. No photos of that though, but it all went down very quickly. I managed to get the dotty remnant for some bags with the perfect shade cotton for the lining, and the other fabric that I'm going to use for a couple of canvases I think. Both bargains whoo!



This morning the postie brought me these lovely goodies that I got in the Auction for Ellie on bubblyfunk. Look at all those threads!! I'm a very happy girl.

I was having a chat with Rachel a couple of weeks ago about not being a mum and having them as my children instead, and during the conversation we decided that as an aging spinster (yuk I hate that word) I was in danger of turning into this


I've not got far to go, only I have monkees instead of cats. There are of course many advantages of living alone - I get to eat all the food and don't have to share, I don't have to endure anyone flicking the channels during the ad breaks (ggrrr at the memory) and there's no fight to be the first into bed to get the pleasure of clean sheets


unless that is, you have monkees........




!

12 comments:

Karen X said...

lol your monkees look drunk Kaz!!!!

Lovely fabrics that you got.

Janice said...

Glad you liked the threads Kaz, they've been hidden away in a cupboard for about 10 years and after that length of time, I just know I'm not going to 'need' them. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Sandie said...

LOL love the monkees!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely new goodies (and I didn't really want the turquoise yarn *sniffle*) - have fun playing! The monkees look very erm... relaxed, lol!

Lesley said...

I love your spotty fabric - that'll make a gorgeous bag! I used to love living on my own - nobody else to clear up after and no need to have tv on unless I wanted to.....aaaah lovely memories!!

Great monkee shot! I now have to go and change the bed so I too can have yummy clean sheets tonight - er, thanks!!!

xxxx

Kitty said...

Hahahahahaha ... loving the shot of the monkees hogging the bed. Cheeky things.

Those fabrics are gorgeous - I love the spotty one especially - can't wait to see the resulting bag.

Take care. x

Julie said...

Love the flat out monkees! :))

Igotmebabe said...

I knew this would happen, lock up your medication!!!
Mine is almost ready for it's debut but be warned its DIFFERENT :)

Monkee Maker said...

Ooh - lovely fabrics from Dunelm, and your spotty duvet is fab!

Ok, so the monkees may hog your bed, but other than that they're quite cheap to keep, aren't they?

:)

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Really great monkee shot there Kaz!!!

Jane said...

Hahaha, love the monkees hogging the bed. Hope your creative mojo returns soon. Jane x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Those cheeky bloomin' monkees!

Hope you kicked their hairy bums out of your bed!!! LOL

xxx