Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Valentine swap!!!

There was a large amount of excitement in my home this morning when my postman gave me a parcel. I took part in {Lucy Locket's} valentines swap in February, naturally, which was my first non-paper craft swap. My swap partner was {Lina} who lives in Canada and my package arrived safely at hers, but mine was nowhere to be found. We were both disappointed and Lina was going to send me something else, but this morning, 6 weeks after posting, it arrived!! I actually took my time with opening it as I was just enjoying the fact that it wasn't lost, so I had chance to get these two involved. Look at the lovely paper and ribbon, all saved for recycling ;)











I should've known better than to include them as Mr H pinched the chocs straight away, while Twisty was more interested in the packaging. Don't worry I rescued the chocs without too much fur flying.







These are the main pressies of the swap, a gorgeous lavender heart which is now hanging on my wardrobe door next to my bed (and it looks bloody fab there too), and a purse, which is sat on the arm of my sofa so I can keep looking at it!! They both have beautiful bird appliques on them.





And it doesn't end there. There is also a heart shaped muffin mould and some buttons. Thanks Lina so much for all the goodies, definately worth the wait!!! I feel my parcel was nothing compare to this!!!



I sent Lina this bag charm, plus two cards, some buttons and ribbon and some cream eggs.






I treated myself today to making a card just for fun and did my first {DCM} card since I got the laptop back. I would have done one before, but none of the dares fitted in with the anniversary theme.

This week's little extra is to put a flower onto a card, but it mustn't be a shopbought one, you have to make it yourself.



All papers are basic grey sugared range (I think, but I can't be arsed to get off the sofa to check). The chipboard flower is maya road I think and I've added a felt flower cut on the cuttlebug, with a button to finish.

So in all it's been a great day today!!

15 comments:

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Your goodies from Lina are gorgeous! I'm so glad they arrived!!!

Love that card too!

Lucy x

Lesley said...

Your swap goodies are gorgeous Kaz - I love that muffin mould! The handbag charm you sent to Lina is beautiful - almost as beautiful as the one you sent to me :)

I think I'm in love with the BG papers on that card - which is very very lovely, by the way!

xx

p.s. great to see the guys being so helpful with your parcel ;)

Dolly Mixtures said...

I love the basic grey paper and your lovely flower. The antics of your monkeys really made me smile.

Dolly Mixtures said...

I love the basic grey paper and your lovely flower. The antics of your monkeys really made me smile.

Kitty said...

Awww, what lovely things you received Kaz. My daughter was watching over my shoulder and thinks Mr Humphries is the fabbiest monkey!

Yet again, another gorgeous card. x

EllePiggo said...

Gorgeous card Kaz, cute monkeys and your goodies look lush too!! :)

Vanessa.

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow Kaz this is a wonderful card. Love it.

Jane said...

Beautiful things Kaz and your card is wonderful too. Jane x

Susan (Sue H) said...

What a beautiful card Kaz.
Don't think I've seen those papers before that they are gorgeous and the colours go so well together.
Wonderful!

Sarah said...

What lovely post! Great card as well!

Lina said...

Yay! Glad it finally arrived - I'd almost forgotten what I'd sent! I do love your charm and it is on my bag that I use for work every day. (BTW the muffin mould is from the dollar store - at current exchange rates that would be a whole 50pence!).

Lina said...

Yay! Glad it finally arrived - I'd almost forgotten what I'd sent! I do love your charm and it is on my bag that I use for work every day. (BTW the muffin mould is from the dollar store - at current exchange rates that would be a whole 50pence!).

Cardmaking Galore said...

lOVE THE LAYOUT.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Lucky you Kaz! Lina was so generous! I wann swap! LOL xx

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, how did I miss this?! Your goodies from Lina look fab, lucky you! Love the card with the flower too, great colours and I like the layout.