Tuesday, 4 March 2008

You can tell I've got the laptop back..............

...................... as the postie had parcels just for me!!! Four in fact! It's been way too long.

In the first I had the reddy ink pads I needed to finish off some cards, plus it seemed a waste just getting them so I got some more flowers (I didn't have any this shade) and a new die so I can make flowers!!


The second and third had some interfacing, bit boring but necessary; and this scrummy fabric I got from ebay. The photo doesn't do the colours justice as it's a lovely lime shade, just right for bags (I have a feeling these will be this years birthday presents)!


I saved this one for last as I was most excited about this one! I bought this wallet from Lucylocket's etsy shop for my niece Lucy's birthday next week as I'm sure she will love the owls. It's really lovely so go have a look! I'm in the middle of making something myself for her and at the moment I'm not sure how it's going to turn out as, surprise, surprise, it's a bit wonky already!!

The arrival of the inkpads meant I could finish these cards for a ruby wedding anniversary. This month, on mum's side of the family, we have 3 big wedding anniversaries. This 40th, a 50th and a 60th, so I need to make 3 cards for each (for mum and dad, nan and myself to send). Plus it's mum and dad's anniversary too so add to that their cards for each other! I enjoy the challenge of it really even if I do whinge, I just thank goodness for card sketches.

This first one uses 7gypsies paper, bug-cut numbers and woodware wedding words stamps.

This one uses basic grey 2 scoops paper and woodware wedding images stamps, coloured with watercolour pencils. I printed the greeting. This is based on last week's CPS sketch.


This next one is loosely based on Di Hickman's sketch last week. I had this paper in my scraps so I'm not sure what it is. The frame is a stamp from autumn leaves which I embossed around the printed greeting, then cut it out to frame the 'love'.


Thanks for having a peek. K x

16 comments:

Lesley said...

Ooooh so much lovely stuff here today Kaz!!! I love all of your purchases - especially the one from Locket's shop!
Your cards are gorgeous. I love everything Basic Grey do!!!
The Ruby Wedding card is so clever and I love that frame stamp :)

xxx

Di said...

Oh wow, beautiful cards Kaz, lovin' your purchases too, especially the owls

Janice said...

Great cards, Kaz. I love the big heart one. Nice stash too, cute Cuttlebug die.

Karen said...

I love all your cards Kaz but the last one with the frame is gorgeous!!! Am glad that you have got some parcels coming again X

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Wow Kaz - those cards are fabulous! I am so in awe of your talent - I don't think well in paper (if that makes any sense at all - fabric is more my thing!)

I'm delighted you like your wallet - thanks for the mention!

Lucy xx

Angelnorth said...

Great cards Kaz - love the way you've done the frame for the wording on the last one - gorgeous!

Kitty said...

Fabulous cards there Kaz - really pretty.

And that fabric is going to make GORGEOUS bags.

Mrs Locket's a clever old pocket isn't she?

Take care. x

Penny said...

Oooh, nice stash!! Love your cards as well, especially the love frame one :)

swardy said...

I think you are very clever to had made 3 very different cards on the same theme. Well done.
Sue x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Well done on the stash purchases honey! LOL

My fave card is the last one. Wish you could remember where you got that paper from though!
x

Jane said...

lovely cards Kaz, you are very clever good to see you back. lucy's wallets are lovely aren't they. Jane x

Julie said...

Beautiful cards Kaz especially ther 40th anniversary one. x

Sam said...

lovely cards,Kaz - Aren't you clever!!!

Ellen said...

you must have felt so deprived , good you could go shopping again. great materials and a cute owly bag.
I love the way you've put that frame on the word.

Caroline said...

Lovely cards Kaz - glad you are back online! Loving your monkeys too....xx

Lina said...

Hi Kaz - what lovely gifts. I'm taking it there's no package from me? I'm a bit gutted that it's taking so long...if it doesn't get there by Monday, I'll send something else, I promise!!!