Friday, 4 April 2008

DCM - shrink to fit

This week's {DCM} is set by Kathy:


So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.
You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain.


Now I know our Kathy likes to be strict so I did 2 as I'm not sure if the first one counts as I've layered the card so it has colour, but appears to have only a small embellishment. I don't want Kathy poking me with her pointy stick for cheats!!!



I used a scrap of autumn leaves paper and flowers and a button from my stash. I wish I could remember where I got the hydranger petals as I need to get some more - ideas anyone? They are the tiny ones.

This card uses a stamp from a set by onefourzero and a bit of ribbon from ribbon oasis.


I love doing cards like this as they are so quick and use up the scraps I always have lurking in piles on my desk.


29 comments:

Angie C said...

Both lovely cards :-)

Anesha said...

Very effective cards, lovely

Anice said...

They both are lovely. I love the colours that you have used so clean against the white card.
Anice xx

All Pink girl said...

Wow Kaz these are stunning ,love them ,Dawn & Alexx xxxxxx

Nick said...

They are both beautiful-very classy

Angelnorth said...

Both lovely, even if Kathy disallows the first one you've got a gorgeous card so who cares?! Love the stamp on the second one, it looks like a cross between a firework and thistledown!

Kathy said...

These are just Fantastic - you do minimalist the way I wish I could - they look wonderful

Jukie said...

two great cards, and you might want to try Crafts U love for your blooms ...http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/flowers.htm

Mee said...

Both great cards, simple but effective! :o)

Juliet said...

THey are both so beautiful!

Lesley said...

They are beautiful Kaz! I like the way you've layered the first one - both very elegant cards :)

xx

Nickynoo said...

I love both your cards - simple and elegant!

tiina38 said...

Beautiful cards! look mine,
www.tiina38.vuodatus.net

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards, I really like the blue and white together.

Jane said...

both are beautiful cards , lovely colours

manicstamper said...

Beautiful....so elegant and stylish.

Jane said...

Beautiful cards, sorry i missed your last post (I was busy knitting for Lesley's birthday) love your photo of the goodies but my favourite has to be the monkeys sunbathing. It did make me laugh. Jane x

Penny said...

I am liking these cards with space. Actually they are the kind I bought before I started making cards. The first one with the border of colour is my fav!

Hazel said...

Very stylish!

Jackie said...

I love them both, so clean looking.

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Both are beautiful cards Kaz, but the first is my fave.

traciejane said...

beautiful cards :-)x

SammieJay said...

Don't these minimalist cards look instantly elegant?
Yours are gorgeous.
Love,
SammieJay xxx

Ella Bella said...

beautiful cards, very elegant :)

Jo said...

Both very stylish cards :)

Ellen said...

gorgeous colours you have used that embellishment deserves to be on its own on a card.

Cardmaking Galore said...

Both cards are lovely

Rachel said...

ooooh love that colour mix and that ribbon on the second card is a beautiful colour - great cards

ink'n'rubba said...

two lovely cards - I'm still pondering the challenge!