Monday, 14 April 2008

Di Hickman April # 2

I had a very quiet day yesterday in comparison to last week and it was lovely, although I do miss my girls. I ended up leaving the threads with Lucy so she could do some more sewing. The flower she was making was turned into another cushion and given to Rach's friend Rebecca.

This morning I was wallowing in the bath trying to wake up when the doorbell rang. Bugger!! Still once I'd seen what it was, I was soo pleased. I won this wool on ebay on Thursday evening and it came from Turkey, so I was really surprised it arrived so quickly. Bit of a bargain too. I'm hoping to get 2 monkees out of this.


Lucy wants one and I have plans for the 2nd.


My friend Emel is 40 at the end of this week, so I needed to get a card made to send to her. We trained together back in my dim and distant working past. I should have been in the year above her, but me being me, I failed my A levels first time round so had to retake them. I'm glad I did as I had far more in common with the people I did train with, than those I should have.

Em's having a girlie weekend away in Venice and I was invited, but although I really wanted to go, in practical terms it just wasn't possible. I've instructed her to take loads of photos.

I used Di Hickman's April #2 sketch and fiddled with it a bit to come up with this



The paper is BG Phoebe, swirls are a quickutz die and the 40 is using the new cuttlekids happy numbers die. The stamp is a whispers one.

10 comments:

Kitty said...

As always, a stunning card. And well done on the yarn - don't you just LOVE eBay? I'm a hopeless addict. Can't wait to see the Mr Humphries-type new monkeys. x

All Pink girl said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous wool can not wait to see what you make ,Dawn & Alexx xxxxxx

Lesley said...

Oooh lovely monkey yarn - you are so brave knitting the fluffy ones!!

I love the card - beautiful colours and great design :)

xxx

Penny said...

That's a very pretty card. Nice simple design! Look forward to seeing your purple monkeys too :)

tracy said...

love the card kaz :) looking forward to seeing more monkeys :)

Hazel said...

Love the wool - look forward to seeing what you make with it. And the 40th card is super - your friend will love it

Angelnorth said...

Fab card Kaz! And I'm behind with your blog! Lucy's stitching looks fab and the bunnies are rather sweet!

Karen said...

Oh, would you believe that the postman sent my wool to you by mistake??? No??? well, worth a try! What a fabulous colour!!!!!

I love the font of the 40 on that pretty card!

Igotmebabe said...

That purple wool is going to make some hansome monkeys

Di Hickman said...

Love it! The swirls are a great touch! TFS!