Saturday, 26 April 2008

A gift, a DCM and a bloody struggle!

This morning the postie brought me a little package that contained this beautiful bead that Tracey from the Bubblyfunk Forum got from the recent craft show at Ally Pally. She decided she was going to send them to her mates on the forum as we made her promise to get us some freebies!! We also recently did a stamped image swap and as I loved her monkey stamp, she sent me a couple more of them. I may have to invest in this stamp! Thanks Tracey xxx



This week's {DCM} is 'Most Distressing':

Hi it's Keryn here and it's my turn to Distress you all, or at least your cards with this weeks dare. You can make a card for any season, any holiday, any occaision but you need to use either a fingernail, curled edges, sandpaper, tearing, anything you like really as long as looks like it's had a fair bit or wear and tear.

*****

Mine is really only a half hearted attempt and I'm not that happy with it. The patterned paper is from my scraps and is already distressed in the pattern. The garden images are from Melissa Frances vintage cut outs that fell into my shopping basket in the {Bubblyfunk shop}. They are gorgeous and there's loads of images on the sheet. Flowers and stamp from stash.

Today I've been having a bugger of a time fun making a mobile phone case. This is in fact my 4th attempt as I was making it up as I went along and just kept cocking up!! My first attempt is now a knitting needle holder, which I had planned to make (although it wasn't going to look like it does) and my third attempt was too big so I've got an ipod case now!! The less said about the second attempt the better. It is now on my 'I really don't know what to do with this, but it seems a shame to throw it out' pile. The strip of material is also the lining and was part of the package from {Karen Gray} that arrived yesterday.



I'm sure there's a far easier way of making this so I may have to hunt a tutorial down, it would save a lot of swearing and headaches!!

11 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Kaz, does it have to be sewn? how about a knitted one? If you are interested i have a pattern i can look up for you. lovely case tho' and the card too. Jane x

traceyr said...

Glad you liked the glass bead Kaz and that it got there safe and sound.

Well done on the case making even if they did cause you some swearing - my crafting usually does!! LOL Like tonight I dropped a pot of seed beads all over the desk. D'oh! and other untypeable words.

traceyR x

Judy said...

Your DCM card is gorgeous, Kaz, lots of layering and interesting images!
JudyNZ

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is absolutely awesome. So gorgeous.

kath said...

Love your card Kaz - so soft

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Howdu Kaz!

I too got a gorgeous bead from Tracey, isn't she lovely and kind?

The card is really nice - so stop beating yourself up about it.

And that case is fabadoody! I don't have a case for my phone so it is about 1000% better than mine is!

xx

Lesley said...

I think your card is lovely - gorgeous papers. It's so good I'm not card making these days as you tempt me far too much!!!

Your phone case is fab. You have such a good eye for colour and design :)

xxx

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

I love that mobile phone case - but what do the other three look like??? And as for those fabrics in the previous post - seriously yummy!!!

Monkee Maker said...

Oh wow - so much to catch up with ... where to start? The phone cover is brill - it looks really professional. Such a shame you can't have an Etsy shop to showcase your excellent makes.

.... which include monkees, natch, loving the sparkly one, I'm sure loads of people will want to give him a home.

Lovely lovely materials and bead (and monkey stamp!), and the bunny videos are SO SWEET!!

Did I forget anything?? Oh yeah ... those flies ... muffin ... too funny!

:)

Sue said...

I love the monkey stamp - it is so you! Thanks for the comment on my blog, your bit about knitting made laugh. Your knitted monkeys look far too complicated for me, i've only done scarves in that yarn.
Sue x

Kathy said...

Your card is lovely, it looks all "Victorian Romantic" and pretty

Hope you get your sewing project worked out - isn't it a pain when things don't work out the way you plan them