Thursday, 17 April 2008

I cocked up again!!

Yesterday, after I'd posted on here, i went through the {DCM} blog and realised that I actually hadn't followed the tutorial properly - told you I was useless!! The tutorial was for doodling on patterned paper. Which I hadn't done. So I went and had another go.



I will definately do this again as I really enjoyed it. The papers are by K & Co's sweetly sparkling range and the tulip is a cuttlekids die.

This morning I did the last card for Sheila, so Mum's had this one. I was inspired by {Di Hickman's} card sketch for this week, but it doesn't follow it completely, you have to use your imagination.


The paper is from the foof a la range by autumn leaves and the flowers and lace are from my stash.

This afternoon I felt like doing a bit of sewing, so I had a go at one of the purses now I have longer zips and it was much easier, although I am starting to wonder if I should actually try to make a wonky project and it might turn out straight. I took this picture at an angle to make it look straight!!!


I've sewed the flower on that I made last week and lined it with some of the fabric that came yesterday. The denim is from a size 22 pair of maternity jeans that I got in the sale, and I've only used a tiny bit!



10 comments:

Kitty said...

That's a sweet purse Kaz. I got myself some bargain zips on eBay with a view to making the smalls some pencil cases, and myself some 'pouches' (not like Herbie's pouches though :-p ). Will have to give it a go sometime.

Fab cards - as ever. x

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Wow you've been busy lately - and I love everything that you have been making! Lucy x

Lesley said...

Your purse is gorgeous Kaz - I love your felt flowers!

Your cards are fab and you are a natural doodler :)

xx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Hey there Clever Clogs! Lovely cards and purse Kaz! xx

Monkee Maker said...

Loving the birdie card from last time, and the pastels one today. Heck - they're all gorgeous!

As is that purse .... knitting, sewing, card crafting .... is there anything you can't do??

:)

ps. I think you should change your blog name ... nothing looks wonky to me!

Janice said...

Lovely doodling Kaz. Zips are a right bu**er to put in aren't they?

Kathy said...

I love your cards Kaz, they look wonderful. The purse looks fab too. I absolutely hate putting zips in!

debby4000 said...

Love the cards, they are gorgeous.

Angelnorth said...

OK, how do I keep missing stuff on your blog?! The purse is gorgeous and wonkiness means added charm, you know. The cards all look great too - the new home one is adorable and your doodling looks fab. The one for Sheila is so feminine and pretty - love it!

Di Hickman said...

oooh pretty! Love that patterned paper on the sketch card! TFS!