Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Whooo Post!!

I got some lovely goodies through the post today, so that's me happy!! First I got this load of goodies in the shape of the April Kit on {BUBBLYFUNK}. The kits have changed as of this month from a specific project to loads and loads of stash and a password to a blog with ideas, tips and great stuff (including competitions for stash)!



It even came with colour co-ordinated sweets!! I'd already eaten two of them by the time I arranged the stash for its photo call! I'm going through a real button phase at the mo, so I was very happy with this lot!


My normal post didn't arrive until about 1pm today, which is very late, but when it did, it had this stack of fabric, some more zips and some samples of fabrics, which are far nicer in real life than they looked on ebay. I resisted the urge to go spend though and satisfied myself with gentle fabric and stash stroking instead.



While waiting for the postie (I lost count of the amount of times I checked the door and out the window) I made a couple of cards. This first one is for {DCM} which is a tutorial this week for doodling on patterned paper.

I have been known to do the odd bit of doodling, but only the lines and dots as I have this block when it comes to doing things freehand. I think it goes back to failing art O level which has always left me feeling inadequate. I'm going to really show myself up now, as I've often admired the black and white edging that Lythan and a couple of others have on some of their cards. I didn't realise they'd drawn it on!! I often wondered where they managed to get such lovely edged papers!! Mind you, it's not altogether unsurprising as I did manage to send Katie's 18th card to her without writing it!! It ended up with one of 'those' phone calls with Janette where we just laugh down the phone for ages.

Anyhooo the papers are daisy bucket, the greeting is a hero arts stamp and the lovely chicken is a stamp by penny black coloured with H2O's, with some doodling of course by me, in the style of Lythan!!

I also managed to get another card for Sheila done using a {CPS} sketch and some new BG papers, but I can't remember which ones and I can't be arsed to go and check!! The flowers are cut using the cuttlebug and the hydrangeas are from my stash.

Which leaves me with one more card to make for Sheila's birthday, which is Friday, so that should be fine.

I'm off for a lie down now as I got one of those oh sod you books (sudoku if you come from another family from mine) and I've done about 4 in a row and my head hurts! Thinking is not good for my poor little brain!!

12 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Both lovely Kaz - the doodling worked out great and I love the layout of the pink flowery one!

Kitty said...

I love that card with the yellow chick on - how cute is he?

Your eBay buys look good too - well done! x

Lythan said...

Super cards Kaz. I sent my mothers day card without writing inside!

Jackie said...

I love both of your cards. Sheila's is more my style though LOL

Lesley said...

Gorgeous cards Kaz - I love your hand drawn edging. Go for it with the doodles - art 'o' level is for people who can draw psychedelic unicorns, which is why I also failed!!! Of course I'm not bitter 26 years on.......

Great ebay goodies - are we going to see some lovely purses soon?

xxx

Igotmebabe said...

Lovely Cards and lovely material.
I wrote Katies card for you :) and as you know she loves it. Talking of Brains, I tried to have a go at Eleni's Brain Training game and would you believe it I am only 62 !

Anabelle said...

You had a great mail day!! Love your cards, especially the CPS one. The pink is so pretty on it!

Karen said...

I love the doodling!!! I failed art as well and although I can doodle when I am on the phone when it comes to cards it just looks messy!

I have some of the fabric with the little pink flowers on too X

CraftyC said...

Love the chick card, great stamp!
Clairexx

Rosie (Freycob) said...

Can't wait to see what you make with that white/brown fabric Kaz. Is it going to be a bag? It's fab!

Lubberly cards too hun xx

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol 100mg buy tramadol online without script - tramadol 50 mg veterinary use

Anonymous said...

phentermine cost buy phentermine dubai - buy phentermine online+uk shipping