Friday, 30 May 2008

DCM - it's all in the shape

This week's {DCM} is to make a shaped card, and I very nearly didn't bother as I don't have a robo to cut a shape and my attempts to draw a star or flower template so I could cut it myself, were complete kack - I don't do drawing!! I also thought that seeing as square is a shape, I could perhaps cheat a bit.

In the end I remembered I had some triangular card blanks that I bought 2 Christmasses ago, but never used, so thought I'd have a bash with one of those.

It involved quite a bit of faffing about cutting on the angles, so I'm not sure if I'd do another (I'm really a bit lazy) but it was satisfying once it was done!!


I used the kit that I got from {Bubblyfunk} as I love the papers which are by Dream Street Papers. The only things that aren't from the kit are the white bazzill card, the 2 stamps -'it's your day' and 'dragonfly'- which are by studio g, rob n bob rub ons to make 'birth' and the bit of text paper on the chipbboard clip.




Thanks for stopping by xx

19 comments:

manicstamper said...

I do love the name of your blog......it always makes me smile.

Your card is absolutely gorgeous.

EllePiggo said...

A gorgeous card! :) Those papers are just gorgeous too. :)

Vanessa.

Jozza said...

Cor what a fantastic card!!! I just love the colours too - gorgeous!

xxx

PS. Love your blog name hehe

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic card Kaz! Love the way you've altered the 'it's your day' stamp with the rub ons - really effective. How nice to have a four-sided card to admire, too!

Sue said...

What lovely earthy colours you've used.
I've got a few triangle cards but have never used any!
Sue x

Penny said...

You did a great job - not easy to cut those trianges - but this looks fantastic!

Janice said...

I think you need to do more 3D stuff Kaz. This is just brilliant! Not even Monkee shaped lol

Janice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traceyr said...

Wow! Kaz.

This is super, smashing, great!

You are a very clever bunny.


traceyr

:)

tanyaleigh said...

WOW!!!! This is awesome, thanks for playing along this weeks dare. :)

CraftyC said...

Just gorgeous, love the colours!!
Clairexx

tracy said...

thats brill kaz,not sure i want to show mine now (not that it's finished yet!)

Karen said...

That is really gorgeous Kaz!!! Now where did I stuff my triangle cards????? LOL X

Amanda said...

WOW what an amazing card! I can see you must have put lots of work into it. BTW I just love the photos on your page of the bunnies.

Gina said...

Awesome card Kaz!! Love everything about it.. you are very clever! Thanks for your nice comments on mine too :)

kath said...

Wow fab take on the challenge and love the colours - just gorgeous

Ellen said...

thats a stunner , beautiful colours as well

Anonymous said...

lmfao Triangle

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Great card I love all the papers nd flowers!