Thursday, 1 May 2008

Not more goodies???

There was a bit of excitement at mine earlier today when the parcel postie brought me 3, yes that's right, 3 parcels whoo!!

One was some more interfacing (too boring to include) although that one did include the lovely buttons and lace.

Another was a pack of material for some bags. I told Tony I'd make him a bag for his drumsticks, but for some reason he didn't want any of my floral fabric, he just wanted black. Well can you believe the coincidence? The fabric shop I chose the black cotton from on ebay just happened to be the very same one that I'd been looking at last week at Lynne's!! So naturally it seemed a bit daft to get just that fabric. I got the zebra print for Rach as she liked it and said it would make a good bag. Of course I'd have to make Lucy a bag too, so I chose the one with the paw prints on for her. And I treated myself to some black denim with silver flowers on, which really doesn't look so hot in the photo but is lovely.

The last parcel had these gorgeous shades of 100% wool just ready for me to have a bash at felting with.

I now give you permission to shout at me if I twitter on about needing anything else as I really ought to stop buying things.

After all that excitement I went back to finishing the {DCM} little extra that was much simpler in my mind than how it turned out. It was to use this sketch this week.I used BG papers (can't be arsed to get up and see which ones though as Project Runway has just started and I lurve this prog). I also used the felt flower ribbon from Ribbon Oasis.



I could go on but I won't as tv is far more important now!!!

10 comments:

Judy said...

Cool, colours, Kaz! Love the felt flower ribbon
JudyNZ

Lesley said...

Nice bit of retail therapy there Kaz!! I love the pink and green combo on your card.
So glad to hear you've got your priorities right :)

xxx

Gillian said...

Really like your interpretation of the sketch challenge. The colours go so well togehter.

Gill

Karen said...

Its great to get parcels isn't it??? I love the colours in your card hon. Now I have some of that ribbon in red somewhere...

Hugsa X

Janice said...

STOP SHOPPING KAZ! Only joking, lovely stuff you've been getting. I love your card, I was looking at that felty lace stuff in SI mag, it looks great on your card, might have to go shopping - oh no! You are a bad influence.

Kathy said...

This card is fab, I love the colours and the flowery border dodah looks wonderful

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, lovely new stash bits and I love your sketch card - the pink and green looks really fresh and I love the way you've used the vertical stripes to balance out the horizontal lines of the sketch!

Monkee Maker said...

Lovely post candy there, Kaz, I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the felting department ....

And a gorgeous card too ... pink and green should ALWAYS be seen! (yeah, I know that the verse is about red and green .... isn't it? ... but heck, I tried!)

:)

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

Lovely parcelly goodness and a great card! Lucy x

Rosie (Freycob) said...

And just think Kaz, less computer time = more crafting, using up more stash to make up new projects therefore you need to buy more stash!

Now get off that lappy, use up that stash and go shopping again! lol xxx