Monday, 9 June 2008

Patience of a saint

I've done more than my fair share of waiting just lately, so it's a good job I have patience. I've waited about 2 months now for a stamp to arrive that was out of stock, even though I was still able to buy it online. This morning I was typing an e-mail to the store to check what was happening and had every intention of cancelling the order if there had been no progress, when the postie started shoving stuff through the letter box. He prefers the delicate art of brute force rather than ringing the doorbell!! Anyhoo, spookily enough, it was the stamp!!

Of course I had to make a card (or two) using it to celebrate it's arrival. Trouble was, I'd already moved some of the card-making stuff to the kitchen (I now have a week to go until the work starts) so it involved scrabbling under the table to get the watercolour pencils.

The card on the left uses the Dream Street Papers from the BF kit, while the one on the right uses K&Co sparkly sweet papers.

The stamp itself is by Janet Klein of Stampotique Originals.


On the subject of waiting, I've spent today listening for the sound of a lorry, looking out of the window and sending Tony texts complaining that the garden chair that I was expecting still hadn't arrived. When it got to 6pm, which was the latest they said they'd deliver, I went online to check the e-mail and discovered it's next Monday it's due!!! There really is no hope for me.

13 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Hee hee, what a fab stamp! Mind you, I expect she's accident prone what with being blinded by a hat and hobbled by mahoosive shoes! Love your watercolouring, hope you've kept the pencils handy for the next ones!

Janice said...

Such a funny stamp, love that spotty paper.

Lesley said...

Oh Kaz - what a fab stamp!! well worth waiting for! They remind me of the Dolly Mamas stamps....only birds....

They look fab on your gorgeous cards!!

xxx

Beth said...

Kaz, you never to amaze me with your wonderful creations my lovely. It's a bootiful stamp and your card expresses it well. Definately worth the wait, even if it was rather longer than wished for. Well done lovely. XX

Beth said...

Kaz, you never to amaze me with your wonderful creations my lovely. It's a bootiful stamp and your card expresses it well. Definately worth the wait, even if it was rather longer than wished for. Well done lovely. XX

Igotmebabe said...

Nope,no hope what-so-ever :)

Stine said...

What a great stamp! That bird is adorable. Talk about long slender legs!!! Your cards are super!

Caroline said...

Lovely cards Kaz and I love that stamp...x

Sue said...

2 months is a long time to wait but you've certainly made the most of that stamp. I love your cards.
Sue x

Penny said...

LOVE your funky birds!

I had a chat with my postie as soon as we moved and told him I have a lot of 'delicate' things coming in the post and could he always ring the bell please and he's very good and does :)

Hazel said...

Oh, I was really sympathising with you about the garden chair delivery ... lol! at the wrong date! Love the stamp and the cards you've done (pity you had to wait sooooo0 long to get it)

Karen said...

hahahahahahahahaha I LOVE the stamp!!!! Your cards are brilliant as always sweetie XXX

Kitty said...

That wasn't YOU getting the day wrong. It was the ME - you would never make a mistake like that. Pesky disease! ;-)

Fabulous cards, as ever missus - you are a master/mistress of card-making. x