Thursday, 14 August 2008

Hello again

Well I've finally made it back to the blogging world after a self-imposed break. Sadly, my health hasn't been too good of late, due to a few factors and something had to give, so it was the blog. I even stopped reading everyone else's blogs so I have missed out on the latest gossip from you all. I really hope to be getting back to it properly soon.


I still did some crafting, as I think I'd go completely crazy if I didn't, I just didn't do the photographs and editing as to be truthful, I just couldn't be arsed as it all seemed to be too much of an effort. And as a result of doing less all round, I've put on a few pounds which hasn't made me very happy (it's the comfort eating of choc that does it)!!



However, I did take some photos of some projects. Di on {bubblyfunkforum} along with a couple of friends has started fundraising for Breast Cancer Care as sadly one of them is suffering with this. Here is a link in case you would like to know more: {ThinkPink}

We are doing a different crafty challenge each week on the forum, leading up to a Cyber-Crop on Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st September, where there will be different challenges, crafts and competitions available over the weekend.

Di has asked that maybe we would donate a few of our challenge projects for

"Think Pink Card and Gift Sale"
to be held in West Sussex on 18th October 2008,


where there is expected to be 80 - 100 people attending. Di and her friends have been working hard getting prizes from local businesses etc. Pop along to the blog if you'd like to find out more.


Well we are donating more or less all of the things that we make. So far I have done some cards, the themes being good luck, anniversary and pink and black:



Caroline is selling some embellishment kits in her shop {Bubblyfunk} and donating £2 from every order to the fundraising. Part of the pack (that of course I had to buy) were two chipboard ribbons that we have all been altering in different ways, again to be sold.

I turned my two into bag charms:


As we get nearer to the Cyber-crop, she will also be selling other kits so that if you wanted to join in, you can make some of the projects.

We had a very successful Cyber-crop before Christmas, so this should be good. The highlight for most of us was the bingo in the chatroom!!!

I have made this little monkee for the raffle:




She is a smaller monkee than the others I have made and therefore much more satisfying as it is finished much quicker! I am also making another for an auction on the forum. We did one for Kirsty Wiseman's Auction for Ellie a while back, so we're looking forward to seeing some projects, crafts or stash to bid on soon.

So that's what I've been up to of late. I'm really going to try and start reading your blogs soon, but I doubt that it'll be for another 10 days or so as I am glued to the tv (and the sofa) watching the lycra clad men, sorry the Olympics (bugger I've forgotten the code for the crossing out thingy)!!! Well I gotta get my jollies somehow!!!

Catch you all soon xxxx

14 comments:

Janice said...

Woo hoo! Good to see you back on the blog Kaz. Take care of yourself and keep up the crafting.

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous projects Kaz and it's lovely to see them all in one place! Do't overdo it though, watching those lycra-clad bods can be very tiring, you know ;o)

Hazel said...

Lovely to see you blogging again - and with all this super duper stuff.

Sue said...

Welcome back to Blogland Kaz.
That pink monkee is so yummy!!
Sue x

Traceyr said...

Great stuff Kaz you have been busy. Lovely to have you back in blog land. I have another one to read again now.


love Traceyr :)

Penny said...

Hi Kaz, sorry you've been a bit grot - hard to keep up with everything , I know - but good to see your fabby things you made for the sale. Love the pink monkey!

Stine said...

OOOoo, you're back!! Who-ray! Don't overdo. All your crafts are lovely and the pink fuzz Monkeh is grand. I'm sure he will fetch a handsome price at the auction!

Di said...

Good to see you back blogging hun.

All your Think Pink items are gorgeous. The girlies on the committee absolutely raved about them last night at the meeting.

Lesley said...

Welcome back Kaz!! Sorry you haven't been well but it sure looks like you've been busy! I love the cards and handbag charms and the little pink monkey is sooooooo pretty and will, I am sure, raise loads of money :)

Have fun watching the Olympics - wonder if your raised heartbeat due to the lycra lovelies will help burn off some of that chocolate?? Worth a try :)

xxxx

monkee maker said...

Hi Kaz,

Welcome back to the blogging fray; I hope you're feeling better now.

Congrats on mastering a smaller monkee, but heck - you were fast enough with the big ones ... there'll be no stopping you now!

Thanks for the pics of Vincent and Morrissey, I'll add them to my rogues gallery soon.

:)

Jane said...

Hi Kaz, good to see you back, sorry to hear you've not been well, hope you soon start to feel brighter. I love your pink monkey and all your wonderful cards. I think they will be very popular at the sale. Jane x

Igotmebabe said...

Awwwwwwww she/he is very very pretty.
Gorgeous cards and bag charms.
Hugs
Janette

Lucy Locket-Pocket said...

It's good to have you back Kaz - I was getting worried about you! Sorry you've been unwell.

All your crafting looks great - I love that owl card and your new pink monkey is fabulous!

Lucy x

carolinejane said...

Gorgeous stuff as usual Kaz, and that monkey is soooo mine already!
Look after yourself hun....x