Saturday, 27 September 2008

DCM - King (or Queen) for a day

I haven't done a ~{DCM dare}~ for ages and, to be honest, I wasn't planning on doing one this weekend either. Now that we have had the cyber crop and are near to the Think Pink sale, I thought I really ought to get started on the Christmas presents I am planning on making. Yes, those poor people close to me are getting more tat this year!!!

I needed to get some things printed first so I knew the size I was dealing with. Only my printer decided it didn't want to be a part of it and died. So instead, I spent most of yesterday trying to work out which printer to buy and getting very confused, which really doesn't take much.

So I thought today I'd be kind to myself and do the dare, which was to use a crown on a card.

I'd bought some chipboard crowns a couple of months ago from ~{Bubblyfunk}~ so that was a bit of luck. I've made this card for my friend Emel's son who's birthday is next month.



The papers are by American Crafts and I've cut the numbers using homemade cereal box chipboard with cuttlekids dies.

12 comments:

Janice said...

Lovely card Kaz. Laughing like a drain over the 'hairy purse' ha ha ha!

Susan (Sue H) said...

I love the simple lines of your card Kaz and the papers that you've used are lovely.

Angelnorth said...

This is fab for a 'tween' Kaz -0 love it!

Rosanne said...

Fun card! Love the use of the outlining!

tracy said...

lovely card kaz,liking the doodling :)

Anice said...

A fabby card! The papers are wonderful and your doodling is great. Note to self must practice more to make my doodling better!
Anice xx

Kathy said...

This is wonderful - I'm loving all these geometric shapes you're using as backgrounds atm - they all look so striking and crisp

monkee maker said...

Loads of lovely stuff going on over here, Kaz.

Chris Hoy is stunning - and your orange monkee is too ;) - and I love the hairy reverse tardis purse. Fabulous cards (as ever) and your magnetic HOME board is just brill.

:)

ps. I have that exact same Linda Barker mug that CH was drinking your tea from .... I love the shape and style of them and can't resist adding to my collection whenever I see one.

sharon said...

I LOVE the simplicity of this card.

joey said...

I love this card! the colours and layout are fab and it works so well.x

Kitty said...

Do what I did when I bought our last printer: bought the one that fitted in 'the gap' best. Yep, I really did.

Gorgeous card. Will email tomorrow - the thing I was stressing about was today, so now I can get on with things again.

x

Lesley said...

I really love that card Kaz! It must be the season for printers to expire as ours keeled over last week too!!

xxx